Should the Bass Cannon be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

jaku

Reaction score
Recently there has been a lot of controversy regarding the bass cannon and when abuse it can cause lag and kill the server - however, to some it is a valuable T weapon and many use it. So I decided to make a poll regarding whether we should keep it or remove it.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Maybe we should add in our current rule list that abusing bugs or glitches will get you kicked/banned. That will clear up any and all controversy with this weapon, because offenders will be punished accordingly.

IF it is indeed making the server crash more often than not, then sure. Remove it. But it is still a viable, fun (though sometimes annoying) weapon.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The votes are close to a tie with not removing it in the lead and we're going with Aika's idea of adding a new rule about not abusing glitches. I don't recall it ever crashing the server before (but my memory is bad) but if it did it's an extremely rare sighting so I don't think it's too harmful to keep either. I think people like this weapon and with the new rule in place, everyone will be clear on not abusing glitches and can expect a punishment if they purposefully abuse the bass cannon glitch, so hopefully there won't be problems or confusion with using it in the future. Of course accidents happen and we can expect to see the glitch every now and then but now we have the rule in place not to abuse it, when we see it happen we can direct them to the rule, explain how to avoid the glitch and stop them from doing it again. If people still want it removed after this rule is in place then we can always make a new poll, but for now it looks like people want it kept in.