SMP - Accepted Nog's Moderator Application

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
What is your in-game name? Eggnog

What timezone do you live in? -9 GMT

How many hours have you played on the server for? Currently 15 (Rather low as I just started playing Monday. I was out of town the first week or so of the launch).

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week? This would fluctuate week to week depending on how busy I am, but I should be able to contribute a solid 10-20 hours a week.

What prior staffing experience do you have?
BuildBox Operator
JtE Trusted-Operator
PTNT Trusted
DoD Operator-VetOp-Controller
Kami's Realm Controller
A+T Moderator-Controller

What do you think the role entails?
The role of a SMP moderator entails being, active, friendly, mature, and willing to lend a hand. Along with those basics I believe it is important for a Moderator approachable with questions concerning the server or rules. A moderator is there to ensure a friendly and fair environment for the players on sever, making sure rules are enforced and general non-dickishness is a constant in the chat.
The position also comes with the expectation that your mind be set to the future of the server. Meaning helping think up and develop new things for the server to help keep the server interesting and the playerbase entertained.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
For every SMP since JtE I have been an active player and staff member. These SMP servers are really the core love I have for this community and they've always drawn me in. I want to help the server stay interesting and active for both my own benefit and enjoyment and the players around me. Staffing is the best way I know of doing this along with answering questions when given the opportunity.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
I'm a hard worker who has no problem coming up with ideas for new content. I worked on development of a lot of content on DoD, Kami, and A+T including doing a large portion of the building for Kami along with several other very capable builders. Creative thinking and building is something I both love doing and I think I am relatively good at too.
Another strength I feel is my experience staffing these exact types of servers. I've spent a lot of time on SMPs and more or less know what I'm doing when it comes to staffing them. So I should be able to catch on rather quickly with any new pluggins etc. that I'm not familiar with. I would hopefully fit in and be a useful part of the team.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
The first thing I do when I am in a situation like this is I reach out to anyone who might know the solution. So in this case a fellow staff member or higher up. If I'm unable to contact anyone who can help me I would proceed to the best of my ability and follow up later to correct if mistakes were made.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
Nope, nothing I can think of.

Please list your references:
Danni122112 and Major_Bryan (thanks guys! c:)

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
First off I want to note this is a outstanding application and it is apparent you bring a lot of experience to the table. You are another applicant I've had staff experience with in the past, and it has always been positive. While you note your time as being low, I have noticed you being fairly helpful with users, which makes me believe you understand the server fairly well and negates that from my point of view. Finally, I feel like your experience as a builder and overall fairly creative person will lend itself nicely to the staff team.

+1 for me.

• Thank You
Reactions: EggNog

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Hey Nog,

I have like danni, staffed with you a lot. And you did a great job back then. Also, I think you are more than qualified to staff LoP.

(Lol danni I referenced the guy. Would you expect anything else than a +1 from me?)

• Thank You
Reactions: EggNog