Accepted (no name yet) Mob map by Unu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Map Name: Airship
Map Authors: Unusual_dude. (Not Unusual_Dude, please).
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder:
Map center: x: - 1459, z: 2074
Radius: Please put a big radius so ghasts can fly up and such. Maybe 100 blocks radius?
Download: You can find this at /warp mob on create
Game Time: Day
Screenshots:

[Optional] Block explosion list:
- Birch wood (5:2)
- Brown clay (159:12)

[Optional] Block drop on/off: Off

Wave time: 45 seconds
Shop Locations:
Shop 1. x: - 1459, y: 148, z: 2074

Shop 2: x: - 1449, y: 156, z: 2080
Shop 3: x: - 1449, y: 156 z: 2068

Shop 4: x: - 1445, y: 164, z: 2074

Mob spawn locations:
There is only one mob spawn which is at: x: - 1505, y: 147, z: 2074

[Optional] Shop Items:
The shops will all sell the same. They will sell the default stuff (armour, swords, bow and arrows), except bow power II. I do not wish it in the shops!

Here is the full list of that the shops will sell:

Leather armour - (dont know prices)
Iron armour - (dont know prices)
Diamond armour - (dont know prices)
Wooden sword - (dont remember)
Stone sword - 6 gold
Iron sword - (dont remember)
Diamond sword - 18 gold
2 arrows - 2 gold
8 arrows - 8 gold

Strength potion (3:00) - 15 gold
Speed II potion (1:30) - 20 gold
Speed I potion (3:00) 10 gold
Regen II potion (0:22) - 12 gold
Instand health II splash potion - 15 gold
2 x'p bottles - 1 gold
Normal golden apple - 12 gold
Milk Bucket - 1 gold
Flame I (enchantment book) - 10 gold
Smite I (enchantment book) - 10 gold
Fire aspect I (enchantment book) - 10 gold
Power I (enchantment book) - 10 gold
[Optional] Fall damage: Nope
[Optional] End Wave: Game will end at Wave 27
[Optional] Mobs which can spawn:

- Husks
- Endermites
- Silverfishes
- Zombie pigmen
- Wither skeletons
- Endermen
- Stray

Potion effects:
- Night vision

Edits:

- Removed levers, tnt and cobwebs from the shops.
- Made arrows more expensive (2 arrows - 2 gold, 8 arrows - 8 gold)
- Added milk buckets to the shops (1 milk bucket - 1 gold)
- Removed ghasts (as they got stuck in spawn).

Last edited:

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Okay Unusual_Dude Unusual_dude, ty for submitting UnuMap (insert map name here).

Let me start of by saying the map looks amazing (not very unusual) and does have some interesting features.
However I probably would not be making this reply if I did not have some tiny remarks.

I will be discusing: Items, Camping, overall mob behaviour. (which are actually all related, but I had to urge to split these up)

Items:
You haven't changed the normal load-out too much, only removed power II bow, which is smart too avoid early bow spam (ill go into that later). This is all good. You have added some bonus features: namely enchanting which is always nice imo, potions also good, however I am not sure yet about the Cobweb and TNT. I think the cobweb could cause issues. If players get stuck in it because it's everywhere, it is annoying, if you place it all around spawn (since there is only one) melee mobs are going to have a hard time. The TNT can blow up several blocks, and after seeing what can exactly blow up, there are only some spots that could cause issues:

You can get over if you buy enough TNT. (just let arelic add more barrier blocks, she knows the drill :^) )

If you blow up around top of stairs, it will be easy to fall to your doom. I can tell you it is not amazing to fall to your doom.

Lets jump rite into camping, since I want to say something about that related TNT as well.
Lookie here
mobs besides strays cannot reach you here, which can be an issue (since ghasts arent that reliable, especially since this is the back of the ship and they spawn on front). Maybe add skellies as well, im not sure.

Besides, you could potentially buy enough tnt and make yourself a shelter, protecting you from everything besides ghasts. (ghasts can blow up the tnt, but ye they are not super reliable). With these spots 1 or 2 tnt could be enough to do this. Overall tnt can be used to get to spots, where players are not actually supposed to go.

A major camp issues is the next one:
Right by spawn, easy to camp with bow (that is why it is good you made it harder to get strong bows fast).

Lastly, the overall mob movement. Mobs only spawn on the bottom of the front of the ship, which is quite long and has 3 layers. Mobs are not exactly smart, and I am wondering if they will ever manage to get to the top layer at all. Ghasts might, but they are easy to fight off 1v1. I cannot beleive I am saying this, but adding vexes would reduce the issue slightly. Could not really test this too much, because zombies tend to burn in the sun.

All in all, the maps looks amazing, im just most afraid of mobs being the dumbfuks they are, making it easy for players to camp or even stay unharmed for an entire game. I am interested to read your reply and others' responses.

Last edited:

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Okay I can confirm, Mobs are dumbfuks and do not have the intention of walking all the way to the back of the ship to take the stairs up to the 2nd layer.

I know you wanted the map to only have 1 spawn location, but I feel like it really needs one on every layer.

ty catco for pointing out Husks do not burn :)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I should also probably have pointed out remembered that mobs in AoD Mob have a vastly larger tracking radius than on Create (think it's at least 100 on mob and only 10 at most on create)

Example: zombie sees and pursues me from the other side of a rather large map during a Mob round, completely ignores me when I run up to it from 20 blocks away on Create

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Iggish
G

Guest35486

Hi Unu, thanks for the map submission!

It's always nice to see different types of mob maps. The map itself is beautifully built as well. Seeing how HK beat me in posting first, I'll be quoting some of the points I agree with and want to comment on.
I think the cobweb could cause issues. If players get stuck in it because it's everywhere, it is annoying, if you place it all around spawn (since there is only one) melee mobs are going to have a hard time.
In addition to HK's concerns, I feel like cobwebs could be abused easily. People mess around with the TNT in Wagon Train already. If cobwebs are priced at 5 gold, team killing may occur. If you're keeping cobwebs, I suggest raising the price.
Lastly, the overall mob movement. Mobs only spawn on the bottom of the front of the ship, which is quite long and has 3 layers. Mobs are not exactly smart, and I am wondering if they will ever manage to get to the top layer at all. Ghasts might, but they are easy to fight off 1v1. I cannot beleive I am saying this, but adding vexes would reduce the issue slightly.
I know you wanted the map to only have 1 spawn location, but I feel like it really needs one on every layer.
While mobs may be able to track down the players eventually, it will make the gameplay a bit slow. While Night Siege may appear to have a similar concern due to its size and the walls right by the mobs spawn, the terrain is mostly flat and does not limit the mobs as much with stairs. So even though it may take a while for Night Siege to get intense, the terrain doesn't obstruct the mobs. I'm not sure if adding vexes is the best solution, but I believe that the map does need more mob spawn points. (Or possibly more paths?)

Other than that, ghasts seem to get stuck at the mob spawn:
(just let arelic add more barrier blocks, she knows the drill :^) )
:)

A quick thank you to Catco for the additional information.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it!

You have some good points Hk, and I and willing to change a couple of things.

Items:
You haven't changed the normal load-out too much, only removed power II bow, which is smart too avoid early bow spam (ill go into that later). This is all good. You have added some bonus features: namely enchanting which is always nice imo, potions also good, however I am not sure yet about the Cobweb and TNT. I think the cobweb could cause issues. If players get stuck in it because it's everywhere, it is annoying, if you place it all around spawn (since there is only one) melee mobs are going to have a hard time. The TNT can blow up several blocks, and after seeing what can exactly blow up, there are only some spots that could cause issues:

You can get over if you buy enough TNT. (just let arelic add more barrier blocks, she knows the drill :^) )
In addition to HK's concerns, I feel like cobwebs could be abused easily. People mess around with the TNT in Wagon Train already. If cobwebs are priced at 5 gold, team killing may occur. If you're keeping cobwebs, I suggest raising the price.
With all the problems tnt and cobwebs can cause, I have decided to remove them.

If you blow up around top of stairs, it will be easy to fall to your doom. I can tell you it is not amazing to fall to your doom.
Now when the tnt is gone, this shouldnt be a problem. However, a wither can also blow up blocks and it would therefore be better to kill withers quicky after they spawn rather than to run around letting them create chaos. Not killing it will be a risk.

A major camp issues is the next one:
Right by spawn, easy to camp with bow (that is why it is good you made it harder to get strong bows fast).
I do not really think this is a major camp issue. You could get flanked by the mobs if you just stay there and spam. On other maps like nightsiege you can hit the mobs like 50 blocks away, just when they spawn and I wouldnt say it is a problem. However, just the fact that you easily can spam arrows at the mobs, while many of these mobs give a lot of gold, I think it would be a good idea to make arrows more expensive. Thats why I have decided to change them from 4 arrows - 2 gold or 16 arrows - 8 gold, to the half: 2 arrows - 2 gold and 8 arrows - 8 gold.

Forgot that you could open the fence gates. Replaced them with normal fences, so they cannot get in.

I dont really think this will be a problem. The first 10 waves is basically: "Get as much gold as possible", and by staying there quite a bit from spawn wouldnt get you lots of gold. However, if you instead are alone, using this spot could be nice. Once the strays spawn (at wave 11 first), you could easily be shot down, I think? That's why I don't think it would be a problem.

Other than that, ghasts seem to get stuck at the mob spawn:
Ah, that was sad. Really felt they would be cool to have in the map. If it is not possible to make a spawn only for ghasts I am going to remove them, and there are not really any other flying mob I want to replace the ghasts with.

Lastly, the overall mob movement. Mobs only spawn on the bottom of the front of the ship, which is quite long and has 3 layers. Mobs are not exactly smart, and I am wondering if they will ever manage to get to the top layer at all. Ghasts might, but they are easy to fight off 1v1. I cannot beleive I am saying this, but adding vexes would reduce the issue slightly. Could not really test this too much, because zombies tend to burn in the sun.

All in all, the maps looks amazing, im just most afraid of mobs being the dumbfuks they are, making it easy for players to camp or even stay unharmed for an entire game. I am interested to read your reply and others' responses.
While mobs may be able to track down the players eventually, it will make the gameplay a bit slow. While Night Siege may appear to have a similar concern due to its size and the walls right by the mobs spawn, the terrain is mostly flat and does not limit the mobs as much with stairs. So even though it may take a while for Night Siege to get intense, the terrain doesn't obstruct the mobs. I'm not sure if adding vexes is the best solution, but I believe that the map does need more mob spawn points. (Or possibly more paths?)
I understand your concerns, but I dont think it will be a problem.

First of all, I want to say that my idea for this map was that the mobs kinda push in waves, and that survivors eventially (often just after wave 10) are forced to move upwards because they cannot kill the mobs quick enough. I chose exactly these mobs with the idea that they can be killed with a sword, and i wanted to avoid bow spamming. I dont think your concern, that mobs walk too slow up the airship, is not really a problem after wave 10, as the mobs spawned are higher than the ones killed. I also dont think more spawns are necessary. Might come up with an example later, but kinda tired and dont have much time at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
  • Agree
Reactions: Rune and HKCaper
G

Guest35486

After these changes, I don't mind testing this out on the server. Additional spawn points or other edits can be made if any issues come up. +1

• Perfect
  • Love
Reactions: Omni and Rune

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi Unu thanks for the map
When I giving the map a try when I was importing it, it was obvious that the mobs were having a difficult time path-finding to players on the top levels. What I've done is I've added a few more spawn points around the map so hopefully this isn't much of an issue.
Also, as the server is right now, I can't just add birch wood and brown clay to the explosion list, so I haven't allowed any blocks to explode for now. I'll likely change this when I get time to change it, and I'll update the map when/if I do.

The map is on the server now, so again, yell at me if I've made any mistakes in importing it.
-Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.