No ''joins the fray'' message if an OP joins

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
Hello,

You're probably wonder what I'm gonna say, here it comes.
When I'm playing zombie survival and there is no op, I see alot of guests using this in their advantage. Insulting people, making themselves unreachable, glitching and there's noone around to do something about it. Then people start to get frustrated which mostly ends in the ''well, if he abuses the rules, I'll do the same'' reaction. This makes me quite sad since I can't do anything about it. Making screens would be an option but most of the time I'm too late. After playing some rounds an op finally appears. The problem is, everyone can see the op joining. So does the abuser. I've seen it many times that when the op joins, the abuser jumps off his pillar or any other unreachable spot, stops insulting and so on. The sad thing about this is : the abuser isn't punished and will most likely continue to do this and there's no proof of his/her misbehaviour.

That's why I make this proposal : Don't show any message when an op joins.

I know it's fun when you see those messages like ''army of one'' at Vatu's name. But it would be better if you only see that message if an op+ undos his /hide. Or something like that.

About the abusers, yes, I do know some names, but I have no evidence so I'm not putting the names here. It's also their responsibility to follow the rules, if they're caught it's another problem solved.

I hope my suggestion is useful in some way. And don't mind my shitty english, I'm tired!

Greetings,
Malacath

Reactions: Jayfeather

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
In theory, this makes sense.

However, in a way, when we join, it's beneficial, as you said, because most rule breakers stop breaking rules immediately (easier than going to them one-by-one). We can always mop up those who continue breaking rules.

Also, I like the greetings people give me and I like saying hello to everyone. :3

Malacath

Reaction score
In theory, this makes sense.

However, in a way, when we join, it's beneficial, as you said, because most rule breakers stop breaking rules immediately (easier than going to them one-by-one). We can always mop up those who continue breaking rules.

Also, I like the greetings people give me and I like saying hello to everyone. :3
Ah, yes ofcourse, I forgot that part. It's lovely indeed when 10 people cheerfully say ''hi chilling'' to you. I understand that completely. :)
But, who knows, we could always try to first come online in hidemode, clean the mess (abusers) and then show yourself and receive the 'hi's'. But it's not up to me to decide ^^

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Perhaps make it so each Op can set if it shows them joining? So they could decide if it was beneficial to them or not. Harder to code, but it just might be possible and work.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Malacath, You should use IRC - Its the best way to get ahold of an operator when we aren't online :) It may not always work, but if you PM us the name of the person and what he is doing, We will get in there before he has a chance to jump :p

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Something like the op joins using /hide and no message comes up, so nobody knows there is an actual op online. The he can ref the game, using /hide all the time to see if the players are playing fair. It's all about tricking the players, so they don't really know if the op is still online. Myself at very early times used to think Ops went offline, but they really didn't.

Malacath

Reaction score
Malacath, You should use IRC - Its the best way to get ahold of an operator when we aren't online :) It may not always work, but if you PM us the name of the person and what he is doing, We will get in there before he has a chance to jump :p
IRC, but, I thought only trusted+ are allowed in the IRC? Or do you mean pinging. confused now ^^

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
IRC, but, I thought only trusted+ are allowed in the IRC? Or do you mean pinging. confused now ^^
Just to specify killer's, the channel is #blocktopia. Anyone is allowed in (unless you're globally banned of course) and Ops from every server are usually there. You'll probably find an Op there. If not, you can try and /whois Ops on IRC, it's useful for seeing if they're on IRC and just not in #blocktopia :p

Anyway, I think Ops being able to set whether it hides them on next join could work. It would be unpredictable though.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I was thinking of a silly idea to make spy-ops ;-; Ops with no color/titles/join messages or anything that makes him an op. Everyone would be thinking that when no op is online, they could do whatever they want. Nope! Of course the person shouldn't tell anyone, except the staff. But then again, this is just my old silly idea.