• No

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
I think Alot of people will agree with me on This.Grandprix has the award Final lap.4 laps on grandprix.But for alot of players.It is impossible because of camping.How about There Would be NO Absoulute camping in grandprix?It will ruin The fun in the game,And alot of people would be furious to be killed by a player camping.I Hope There will be NO camping in grandprix.
Signed-
Gassy

One Survivor

Terminator Zombificator, Stone Survivor!
Reaction score
It obviously seems to be already quite illegal that most of the folks on our server get nervous, in fact it ruins the fun. Although, I'm 50% of it.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Vetops and ZC AvantGarde dislike this and they do teleport them away, I think it should be made Illegal as it ruins the gameplay.

It's not like you can't still win. It's like saying "Zombies should stay on the floor in Lobby so I can get award, otherwise it's too hard."
No. That's NOTHING like this situation, Lobby is made like that - You can't vote that map and even if it's in rotation it will not let you go to that map, It's only on if the server restarts.. But GrandPrix is a good map and zombies ruin it by camping at parts of the map just so you can't get the award, Which tbh is stupid.

IntensiK

Forever
Reaction score
It adds to the difficulty of the challenge, plenty of people have achieved it whilst being stalked by campers.

With a little bit of luck and skill, even you can.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
There's another thread like this in "Discussion," and I wrote a fairly lengthy response to that one, so I'll paste it here:

'I don't think it should be illegal, personally. Although it IS an unliked strategy, it does account for kills that make rounds on that map a little more fast. I feel as if it were banned, it would be waaay too hard for refs to account for all of the camping zombies. Plus, the award would be easier to get, and awards are supposed to be challenging.

I'd keep it, just because making it illegal would kinda ruin some balance.'

Reactions: balloon98

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
No. That's NOTHING like this situation, Lobby is made like that - You can't vote that map and even if it's in rotation it will not let you go to that map, It's only on if the server restarts.. But GrandPrix is a good map and zombies ruin it by camping at parts of the map just so you can't get the award, Which tbh is stupid.
Hmm, zombies not allowed to go to a spot on Grand Prix, not allowed to go on the roof in lobby, both places they're not allowed to go...seems fair to me. Which is why this idea doesn't make sense.
Plus, what Chillingworth said.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Its easy to out do a camper. Just keep scanning, be on the lookout for a name. I'm guessing if someone is camping they aren't the best chasers. Also, so far ALL of the people who have gotten it, have been out running campers. Its an award after all. It has to be hard, without it being hard, there is no need for the award. Also if you didn't stand in a post sometimes in this map, you would be running in circles, like a dog chasing its tail. It would just end bad.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
All this is: is another, ehem . . please excuse me, 'strategy' that people are unhappy with like those are in games like Call of Duty or Modern Warfare. It's juts looked down upon but it isn't illegal nor should it. Should it be upon the responsibility of or Ops to be on the constant lookout for one((or 19)) of the 20+ zombies for ((a)) camper((s))?

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
This is zombie survival not i want to win a racing award. During the zombie apocalypse I am not going to tell a zombie, " Oh Mr. Zombie stop gnawing at my body! It wasn't fair, you were camping the raceway!". I think we are kind of losing focus of what zombie is about if this is really at the heart of this map.

Awards should enhance gameplay. Awards should not be the purpose of gameplay.

Think of this way: Right now we a creating a situation that says - We aren't complaining that we aren't able to survive the map for 10 minutes, but we are complaining that we can't survive the map long enough to get an award.

Don't you feel there is something wrong with that?

One Survivor

Terminator Zombificator, Stone Survivor!
Reaction score
This is zombie survival not i want to win a racing award. During the zombie apocalypse I am not going to tell a zombie, " Oh Mr. Zombie stop gnawing at my body! It wasn't fair, you were camping the raceway!". I think we are kind of losing focus of what zombie is about if this is really at the heart of this map.

Think of this way: Right now we a creating a situation that says - We aren't complaining that we aren't able to survive the map for 10 minutes, but we are complaining that we can't survive the map long enough to get an award.

Very nice, sir. That indeed is true!

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
"Camping is an unliked strategy, people get their panties in a bunch when they see a camper, but I don't think camping should be illegal. Also, it is just a game, it's not like you are going to show your little virtual 4 lap award to the president/king/queen."​

From the other thread. This is turning to [Blocktopia] Get An Award At This One Map Server.​

erik1979

Reaction score
If you can't get away from the campers, then you don't have the skill to get the award. Enough said. It's part of the game. It's MORE fun when you have to try to find a way to slither around all of the people that are camping, and there is an alternate route that most of you must not know about. Gradprix is an extremely fun map the way it is, campers or not, IMO it's more fun with the campers, adds a little extra challenge to the map, because it really isn't THAT hard to get around it 4 times without being railed by a zombie, but it is VERY hard when there are campers waiting for you.

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score

Yes.
I'm not gonna lie, I am annoyed when campers get me, but really, you're right, awards are not the whole point of zombie survival. And Jt, to me it seems like the AWARD, not the MAP is the problem.

Ceres

Reaction score
Well, it ruins the fun in getting the award, I mean why would a operator+ have to go out of his way to summon a camper, when others could be breaking more serious rules. It does give rules breakers a window to do stuff, when operators+ are summoning a camper. I think camping isn't really a problem, a little problem over not getting a award, isn't worth being made a total new rule. Now, can people just get over it. It's just a silly little award, it's not worth anything, it's just a add on. This is going way to far, I think people are taking a little zombie tactic and trying to turn it into a hassle for staff! (now for some humour) Last I checked, classic doesn't have tents in it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.