New Rank

Do you think there should be a rank for experienced players?

• Total voters

storm886

Reaction score
Recently I visited the Lava Survival Server and found out that there are multiple ranks for players that you can buy in the store. No, I am not saying we need a store where you can buy ranks. I really don't see the point of that on zombie. But I do think that we need one rank that seperates the average player from an experienced player. I don't know what this rank would be called. If this were to get accepted, I think the zombie community should decide on the name. Please tell me what you think!

Pokemon365

Reaction score
I don't think that this is a good idea. Sorry. This would require too much work. There are quite a lot of "experienced" players, and how would we decide? The ops can watch every player and what they do. There would be no need for this anyway. No extra commands, (because trusted gains only /warn and /kick, and we couldn't just give those to 'experienced' players.) too much work, etc. Nice try, but I don't think we need this

• Agree
Reactions: fireball0409

storm886

Reaction score
I don't think that this is a good idea. Sorry. This would require too much work. There are quite a lot of "experienced" players, and how would we decide? The ops can watch every player and what they do. There would be no need for this anyway. No extra commands, (because trusted gains only /warn and /kick, and we couldn't just give those to 'experienced' players.) too much work, etc. Nice try, but I don't think we need this
The ops wouldn't have to decide whether or not hey are worthy of it. It would be strictly based on stats, whether it be karma, survivals or kills. Whatever method it be, the community would decide upon it.

I have to agree with you about the special command. I am not trying to get players to be able to use /kick or /warn. If that were to happen, what would be the point of trusted? It may be best for this rank to be used just for a little recognition.

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
We already have a /board and it is even being increased to 20 players (I believe). There are also other ways that the more experienced players can be recognized through, like /whois and titles.

A good thought, but I don't think this is necessary just for player recognition.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
-A new rank may gain more pleading as Mike sort of stated above... Such as how some ask for Operator or Trusted ranks.
-A rank for higher, more skilled, possibly really just older players, as that seems to be the only reason many people have a high karma rating, may segregate the community between these with the special rank, and those of normal rank.
-It seems more of aesthetic idea that may not add much to the game, BUT we never know unless we try it out.

A good thought with good intentions I feel all in all.

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Well, upon thinking about it, compared to Lava Survival (comparing commands/ranks/players), Zombie seems a little less... developed. This idea could improve the server. But I think it won't (until there is an actual point of the rank).

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Well, upon thinking about it, compared to Lava Survival (comparing commands/ranks/players), Zombie seems a little less... developed. This idea could improve the server. But I think it won't (until there is an actual point of the rank).
When you say it that way, it reminds me of how the player ranks on Lava made rankism. (With the masters and advbuilders acting like anyone who's a guest is an intruding griefer). I'd rather keep it the way it is, so all players are regarded in the same fashion.

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
It may seem like Zombie is less developed because we do not have guest ranks, but there is no special block that has different properties that could be bought by guests and not be abused, like in lava. Lava blocks are virtually useless unless op_lava, as is water, and guests would never have the permission to use adminium. If higher guest ranks meant you could buy lives or resurrect yourself, then the rounds would exponentially more in favor of humans winning, all because of experienced players with ranks.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
The HC's have stated there will be no new ranks added.

Also why have a superficial difference like this? Who cares if your old or new, experience or unexperienced. Have fun and be apart of the community. Why make divisions like that? It would be only to stroke ones own ego, "oh i am elite now, people know I am different because of a tittle or color." Let your actions do the talking, not something that superficial.

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
In my opinion random titles given to random people are enough. We already saw people begging for titles, same thing for ranks. Good idea though!