New Rank Suggestion

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
On BB it isnt possible to rank up by building Redstone machinery, what is realy bad ( I think), because i love it to build with redstone. Yes to say it right i´m only using redstone, i´m not a good "Designer" for maps and other builds which ranks you up. I also help other people on their maps with redstone (ask BOBisHAPPY :) ).
If you go to my plot you will be overrunned by redstone machinery, usefull as useless, funny as boring things. I already shown admins my works, but there was no chance to rankup, so I decided to make this Thread. Maybe there are also other players who dont get a rankup on their redstone work...

my Idea:

A new Redstone Rank like [engineer] (Dark Red font)

Persimissions:
Same as Builder
Use of Command Blocks
hmmm Use of command Blocks? commands like /@a Kick or /@a ban ...
No definitely NOT, use Command blocks for maps, for tp in a map, for potions like speed, or just for better machinery... ;)
But i agree that there is a problem with commands like Kick or ban, so we need a solution for this,
like this commands dont work in command blocks..
Well there can be many problems with command blocks, why should they be allowed?

Because there will be better game experience in ROF and AOD maps, when an [engineer] helps on such a map (and i will!!), there will be random potion generators for players who step on a pressure plate, there will be more traps in AOD maps, there can be a random spawn on AOD maps for players, and mutch more....
Thank you for reading and commentating @nillbugwtw @Prizyms :)

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
I'd love to see this, but there are two concerns for me:

1. Lots of redstone= Lots of lag
2. That command block issue would be hard to fix (at least in my knowledge)

for 1.: yes there should be not too mutch, you are right...
for 2.: i thing the commands can be blocked with a plugin or something (i hope) :D

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This just seems to me as if it's a different title for the Builder rank, with command block permissions (which we will not be giving out). I don't really see a need for it as well-built redstone contraptions can be worthy of a promotion to Builder (and even to Advanced Builder). Regardless, thanks for the suggestion!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't think there is a possible way to allow users to use commandblocks without allowing them to have access to server-breaking, and admin commands. There may be the odd one or two plugins, but that would just be un-necessary work for a rank that is not needed nor required.

If you want to make a map with the use of commandblocks, then you can feel free to ask a Controller+ from either server to implement them, or just write a note in your submission that you would like certain things written into the commandblocks and I am sure they'll be happy to do so if accepted.

Jan Henrik

Reaction score
well, by now every op told me that redstone wont rank up... Prizyms
i just think it would be a cool rank, ans that command block thingie would with whith less persimissions also cool for maps and mechanismns
i just would like a [engineer] rank, at least also without command block :/

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
well, by now every op told me that redstone wont rank up... Prizyms
i just think it would be a cool rank, ans that command block thingie would with whith less persimissions also cool for maps and mechanismns

They may think that you mean ordinary, redstone builds that just open and close a door or something similar a long those lines. You could build a huge redstone contraption that is quite an advanced technique combined with a build which could be deemed builder worthy.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yes it would be cool to have an engineer rank even if it was without command blocks. That way it would be easier to see who the people who are good with redstone are for if you need them. :) However like Priz said, people can be ranked up to builder because of redstone so unless they change the whole ranking up system (which they most likely will not want to do) I don't think the rank will work. It's a shame, though!

• Agree
Reactions: Jan Henrik