Declined New Infection Map Submission: Stairway to Safety

Reaction score
Information:

Map Name = Stairway to Safety

Map Authors = DaScavenger and dmitris

Game Type = Infection

Map World Border = 62x62, so from the center point of the central 4 blocks, 31 block radius making a 62x62 square covering the map.

Download = You can use the warp /warp stairwaytosafety to get to the map on Create.

Round Time = 30 Seconds Prep Time before hunters are chosen and 4 Minutes Gameplay Time

Spawn Locations:

The lowest point of the map (in the center at the bottom) will be the spawn for both the survivors when they start, as well as anyone who falls into the void.

Other Information:

Sprint = Yes

Fall Damage = No

Drown Damage = N/A (No Water on the map

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Hey Scav and dmi, thanks for your submission.

To be honest your map looks a bit boring. The parkour and paths aren't that interesting and I'm afraid that there will be a lot of camping/waiting going on the top. I don't think the gameplay has to be bad but it looks like a worse version of octopus of love/futurama/nobuild/etc.. and if we are going to add more of those kind of "simple" maps I think we want higher quality. I don't really see how you can improve on the map without starting over but if the map is going to be accepted I think placing the zombie spawn on top would be great.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Poe

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map. Due to what Vat and Sal have said I'm going to decline the map. We are going to start to be looking for more high quality maps in the future, and this seems just a general running map with not much variation.
-Declined