Natsubros' Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
In-game username: - Natsubros
Staff references (Op+): - None
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - I'm a current Buildbox Operator and AoD Trusted Trial.
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - I would describe the responsibility of the Operator rank to be quite high, as you'd need to be extremely mature and have a knowledge of how to deal with all kinds of situations. You would also have to be friendly and welcoming to the new players and help them out with the server, and be unbiased when your friends break the rules. My commitment to the server is to be a great role model to the players, and enforce the rules to keep the server nice and fun. My job as an Operator is to make sure the server's players follow the rules and keep a general peaceful feeling on the server, and to help out as much as possible, and also to help out and be friendly towards new players.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I feel I'm different from the other applicants because I'm currently staffing on two servers, and yet still able to be active on both, and to still fulfill my role as a staff member, and that's because I'm great at time management. I'm definitely able to staff on 3 servers, due to my current timetable allowing for me to do so. Many other staff members have left due to time management issues, but you can trust me that this won't happen to me. I'm also extremely friendly and welcoming to all the players, I feel that I'm giving it my all to be friendly and warm towards the players. As this is a server which has particularly caught my interest, I'll be on very often and do my best if I get chosen. I've also got more experience than most of the other applicants.
If there is a problem you aren't sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - There's a few ways to deal with this. I could firstly resort to the forums for information on the problem, which will work most of the time. Also, I can also consult another staff member if he/she knows anything on this, since we're all one big staff team and teams work together.
If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - If I ever see a staff member with either an equal or higher rank acting up, I'd gather as much proof as possible on it then report him to the Administrator of the server, who will then deal with the situation appropriately. If the case is the Administrator himself acting up, I'll report him to the other Admins of Blocktopia so they can make a decision on this.
What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - My most noticeable weakness is my tendency to get too harsh with players sometimes, and give out punishments which don't fit the rule broken at all. I'd work to fix this by consulting other staff members and double-checking my punishment before actually issuing it. I've done this before, and I feel it's a very effective way to fix it.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - My name is Adam, and I'm 14, currently in Saudi Arabia. I was born in Malaysia, and I like to do sports activities mostly, soccer at the top of this. I don't really dislike anything, other than rude people. I mostly spend my time on Blocktopia during the vacations, but other than that I'm out somewhere being active. I've been with Blocktopia since I was 11, which means it's almost three years now. I've seen Blocktopia evolve from Classic to Premium, and learned a lot of things from this and gained experience.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - I don't have much to add, except that I can assure you I'm ready for the rank, and will be a great staff member. I also feel that I will impact the DoD community largely, and in a positive way. I also want to add that the reason I'm applying is to have a great experience at Blocktopia, and help out as many people as I can. I want to at least leave a mark for myself on the community when I finally leave one day. I hope you'll take this into consideration and promote me, and thanks for reading this.

~Natsu

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Heya Natsubros,

We've discussed this app and decided to decline it for many reasons. For one, while you state you can clearly manage 3 servers, it is quite a burden and I think it is better to focus on two then try to give equal attention to three. It is also hard to go off of how you'd staff a SMP having no experience, and if we are to accept you as staff you should try playing on the server, getting used to it, and if you want to try to make an application try matching your activity with the stafftime requirement (4 hrs.)

Thanks for applying, and hopefully this will not get in the way of your enjoyment of the server!

• Sad
Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.