myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
In-game username: Myusername22

Time-zone:EST gmt -5

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?

Realistically i can see myself spending at least 5-6 hours each day

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?

Operators have many responsibilities two of which are to protect the playerbase and spirit of the server. this is often done through enforcing rules to protect the server from cheaters but also to protect the playerbase from insults/harrasement. (they are here to have fun we need to keep the server fun for them)

Operators are also expected to keep the server fun for players. This includes helping players out wherever we can such as helping new players find the game or providing feedback on maps (many more examples of this etc.)

They are also expected to be able to effectively communicate to both the players and fellow staff members on the server. This includes explaining the rules effectively to the player-base and being careful in deciding the tone and methods through which would be best effective for each situation. It is also important to be able to communicate effectively with the other staff, this includes but again is not nearly limited to submitting any helpful suggestions, reporting all bugs, submitting any vital information to the directors etc.

What sets you apart from other applicants?

I care about the server and the players on it. I know this sounds like something everyone would say but when i sign up for staff on a server I try to really dedicate myself toward it.
this helps me get a better perspective on not only ways in which we could improve the server but also understand how the players feel on issues and take them into account when making decisions towards the server such as maps and suggestions etc.

Also i have a fair bit of recent experience from staffing on JtE so i already know a lot about how to deal with certain issues as well as how to act in situations. This makes me able to not only deal with things better but generally both more effectively and more efficiently than others who haven't staff in a while or are just starting out. besides this RoF and JtE share some similar commands so I'd already be rather proficient with numerous commands particularly in regards to grief. this would allow me to both learn the other commands more quickly and make me more efficient to start off with in addition to the staff experience.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?

I sometimes care too much about the players which in the past has mads me feel hesitant to take action against them at first. Though I completely understand the damage this would do to the server and am willing to take staff action regardless of who it is. After all we must enforce rules equally to have any hopes at a consistent server

In the past I've noticed I can be very indecisive at times, I've also noticed I've improved greatly and learned from my experiences on JtE. from what I've seen i think I've mostly got this under control.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

Partially this depends on the problem. First i would try to get help with it /ask for advice, however depending on the severity/urgency of the situation i may try to fix it, even if at least temporarily until i can get help in dealing with the problem. After that i will make sure i know how to remedy the problem in the future.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?

JtE Trusted : 6/15 - 8/30
JtE operator: 8/30 - Present

References: Biblius, Butamou

I'd like to take the chance to thank you all for your time with not only the references, But also for the time you are willing to spend to read this thread and give me your honest input and opinions on this.

Edit: I've cleaned up some of the formatting issues.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
In my absolute honest opinion, this application looks as if it was rushed.
There were spelling mistakes, and the grammar wasn't the best. I know, this isn't the be all and end all, but it's always nice to see that is applicants.
Anyway, you seem a really nice and genuine person online, who wants to help out whever possible. I haven't really seen you on enough to give you a fair rating, so it will just be a 0 from me for now.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
There were spelling mistakes, and the grammar wasn't the best. I know, this isn't the be all and end all, but it's always nice to see that is applicants.
Anyway, you seem a really nice and genuine person online, who wants to help out whever possible. I haven't really seen you on enough to give you a fair rating, so it will just be a 0 from me for now.
This application does have dodgy formatting, which is a negative, but it has a lot of content and in-depth responses. Suffice to say, length alone does not guarantee a good application. I do agree with you on the importance of app's professionalism. It shows us you've been thinking about applying for some time, and have put time into considering it. Myuser and I have been talking about this since applications closed, so I hope you can trust me when I say I have confidence that he's thought it through. (However, I greatly respect your opinion.)

Myuser is someone I've known for a long time, since before the start of Journey to Elysium. I've worked alongside him on this server when we were both Trusted, and since he's promoted he's done a fine job. Now, I understand many of you are likely concerned with his potential lack of ontime due to staffing 2 servers. As Clockwork and myself could both tell you from current experience, staffing 2 servers can be difficult at times. However, it's more than manageable alongside a normal life.

I have quite a few reasons behind my referencing and encouraging Myuser to apply. The first being that I trust him immensely. We've gotten to work very closely together on both JtE as well as The Sancti Empire and I've gotten to know him well through both. He's very trustworthy, and he's a man of his word. If he's unable to do something, he'll tell you. He's not one to beat around the bush, but he's also a really sensitive guy who cares about the people. While he could stand to be more helpful on RoF, he's very involved with RoF's community. As I've always said, community involvement is key to success as staff. Finally, I think he has our server's best interests at heart. As a staff member, he understands what's important to a community, and he's already an established member of RoF's, being a well-established Grandmaster.

All in all, I believe Myuser would be an excellent addition to our team. I vote +1, and wish him the best of luck!

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Extra info from Bib clears a lot of things up. Gonna go with a 0 for now, leaning towards a +1. Seems like you wouldn't be too fazed with dualstaffing either. More helpfulness with the server and I'll up it to a +1.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I agree with Clock on this one. I have seen you being a bit helpful on the server, and it's great that you have experience about Operating from JtE, but I'm not so sure you're ready to take it seriously and understand the responsibilities properly. 0 leaning towards +1.

Reactions: Henry

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Thank you everyone for the honest Input

I'm honestly somewhat glad you brought this up. I do apologize I know I could have done at least somewhat better. I did rush the timing of the application a bit because I'd just spent a while working on the content, and realized i'd lost track of time and was running late for something else i needed to be at. I didn't really wish to risk postponing this app much further, and at the moment a bit stressed out though imperfect it seemed decently better than it actually was. Clearly this was a mistake on my part and I apologize for it.

However, though the application has a few grammatical problems I have spent a Very long time thinking about this. I can assure you if I were not willing to dedicate myself to this server I would not even consider applying here.

Reactions: Forseti and Henry

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
User has been a big part of the server, he has been a Grandmaster for a long time and continues to play and contribute to the server. He is friendly and helpful whenever I see him on and people ask a question. He has past experience with staffing from his positions in JTE, so he is trust worthy. User is a great candidate for staff here. As long as he does not get overwhelmed with staffing two servers (as JTE is shutting down I don't think it will be a problem) then I'm all for User being part of the team. +1

• Agree
Reactions: Henry and Forseti

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
I don't mind seeing you on the team; good responses in the application, and your prior knowledge is satisfying. Other than that, others said it well. You've been around for a while, of course you know what's up! +1 from me, best of luck!

Reactions: Henry
D

DarkHender

You're a great person on/off the server though I haven't seen you help out all that much.
I think you should work on that more, since you haven't really 'stood' out to me.

0 for now, if I see things change I'll consider a +1.

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hey Myusername22,

I've had pretty good experiences with you on the server. I think that you get along with most people and I do see you interacting with players a great deal. You know the rules and I have no doubt in my mind that you won't enforce those rules well. I don't see any reason to deny you a trial. +1

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Heya, myusername.

Sorry to say, but we've decided to decline this application for now. So, you're active on the server, and that's half the battle needed for this position. However, you haven't been fighting the other half, which is helpfulness on the server. I felt as if you could've done a better job with this, because you haven't really stood out too much on this behalf. The only other problem was the application; we NEVER leave this out regardless of how well you've been on the server. I have to agree with coolio here, it looked pretty rushed and the grammar was a bit dodgy when you submitted it. If you took your time with this, then it definitely would've made an impact on this decision.

I feel that you can definitely make improvements to your helpfulness. You definitely have some potential amongst the other applicants, but you just need to take some time to use that advantage. Take a few weeks to improve, then you may re-apply once you feel that you are ready. Hope to see you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.