Mystery Weapon

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
I had this Idea. What if we had in /store a Mystery Box? you buy it for a set amount of points and you randomly get a weapon. Now obviously It wont include cannon, airstrike or nuke for the fact they have really high prices. So we could make it a set price of lets say 15.

I am not sure how hard this would be to code and I would love feedback.

balloon98

Reaction score
well we could have it programmed so it isnt as low I am still wondering about programming
EDIT: although I see where you are going about it not being that used

Chinner2

Reaction score
Also if it's a higher priced item then 15 points people could /sell it to make a profit.

destroyerx1

Reaction score
As long as the statistical expected gain isn't positive selling shouldn't be any kind of major issue. I have actually made a cmdblock script that gives a random weapon for a set cost when you click a block, but I never did anything with it.

Reactions: Marnixxie

Dion

Reaction score
As Gameprochampion suggested it being unsellable, I thought, Make that 1 item 50% selling rate? If that's possible of course. Although, I don't really like the idea itself.

Celebrir

Reaction score
Whatever you do with the weapon which you bought with that suggestion, if you keep it or use it, the next x amount of that weapon (x=how many you bought of them) you sell should be 50% of that price.

Then again if I remember on stuff what ksam or dest said, this will use much memory, I don't think that it will be added.

balloon98

Reaction score
Whatever you do with the weapon which you bought with that suggestion, if you keep it or use it, the next x amount of that weapon (x=how many you bought of them) you sell should be 50% of that price.

Then again if I remember on stuff what ksam or dest said, this will use much memory, I don't think that it will be added.
thats why either 2 things happen 1. we demolish this idea or 2. make it so selling items is 50% the cost to buy it

DJS0102

Reaction score
Hmm, I think we could give it a trial to see how it's received by players.
I agree with KingSam (I'm new to forums but not server). One, I'd like to see how many non-forum players like this. Two, I think players will like the oppurtunity to cast their vote in this matter.

e_e_s

Reaction score
That would be really cool. Maybe a new way to get snowbombs.

I was thinking that the block could be a bookshelf that is dropped from the air, and by destroying it you get a item.
But maybe is would be hard to code...

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
That would be really cool. Maybe a new way to get snowbombs.

I was thinking that the block could be a bookshelf that is dropped from the air, and by destroying it you get a item.
But maybe is would be hard to code...
Nope, snowbombs wouldn't be included, since they don't have a store value from which to work out the statistics. Besides, snowbombs are special items!

Also, just because we have 2 CTF maps in rotation, that doesn't mean we have to bloody copy everything other CTF servers do... Bookshelves falling from the sky and dropping loot when destroyed? Totally your idea..

balloon98

Reaction score
Nope, snowbombs wouldn't be included, since they don't have a store value from which to work out the statistics. Besides, snowbombs are special items!

Also, just because we have 2 CTF maps in rotation, that doesn't mean we have to bloody copy everything other CTF servers do... Bookshelves falling from the sky and dropping loot when destroyed? Totally your idea..
Thought you were going to say care packages for COD XD

And no, snowbombs are only given out on special events.