Mysterious Island

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
Name of the map: Mysterious Island
Creator(s): MikeTang
Size: 100x100
Round length: 20 Minutes
Locations and suggested timing for timers: [Rises every 2 minutes, after 12 minutes most of the map will be covered then survival for 8 minutes.]
Coordinates and locations are in the Screen shots.
Screenshots <include at least one screenshot of all timers>: http://imgur.com/qqlqZ,oJLBS,pQQ3s,...,s10Pu,FgVrn,Kc7Se,JdrlI,GQLpz,TaeYf,HIU8D#11
The timers in a separate Album:
http://imgur.com/qq0g7,vs0P4,tRvZZ,...,nVcha,c5RIt,YPxls,hF9JQ,WxSJ1,nl80t,tCrp0#21

To Get to my map, Get on BuildBox, Go to Plots world, then use /warp MikeTang
(CaSe-SeNsItIvE)
Some Notes:
In picture 15, the obsidian is suppose to be a cave spider spawner.

you can find these things in the map's chests:
Glowstone(4), glowstone dust (6), String(6), Rotten Flesh(7), Bread(9), Melon seeds (7), Stone(10), Stone Pickaxe(1), Stonebrick(24), Apple(6), Rotten Flesh(8), Glass(8), Glass Bottles(5), netherwart(3), Paper(3), Glass Pane(5), Bowl(1), Arrows (7), bonemeal(9), Stonebrick(16), Cobblestone(32), Pumpkin(3), Mossy Stonebrick(3), Stone Sword(1), Glass(5), Red Wool(3), Torch(16), Bread(2), Ladder(9), Cooked Fish(4), Glass(11), MelonBlock(3), Sugar(2), Gold Nugget(2), Bone(8)

*Edit: I added some sugar cane, and some blocks from 1.4.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I can tell by the screenshots that this map is going to be quite a venturous map to play on. You constructed this very well, I am quite amused. I would like to view this on buildbox since some of your screenshots is on a different texture pack, but it won't let me warp. (A warp by the given name does not exist).

EDIT: Just viewed the map on BB. From my perspective, I guarantee that this will be a player favorite. I wouldn't mind to try it out at all.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I can tell by the screenshots that this map is going to be quite a venturous map to play on. You constructed this very well, I am quite amused. I would like to view this on buildbox since some of your screenshots is on a different texture pack, but it won't let me warp. (A warp by the given name does not exist).

EDIT: Just viewed the map on BB. From my perspective, I guarantee that this will be a player favorite. I wouldn't mind to try it out at all.
Just for future reference, warps are on a per-world basis. A warp in the plotworld does not work in the flatland and vice versa.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Bravo, this looks absolutely amazing. Just the timers. The first set of timers start as the map starts, which I find a bit unfair. Maybe 25 minutes, 5 to gather resources before the lava starts would be better. Mike told me it doesn't start automatically, soooo even better.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
I looked around on it on Buildbox while I was making my own stuff, and I loved most of the idea's he had placed onto this map. This is a lovely map and I am sure the players will like it too.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
I love maps that can be explored so this one looks like a lot of fun. :)
This is going to be a map people can harvest a lot of resources from too.
But I agree with Sploorky on that. but what else is new recently

Reactions: Sploorky

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
That is true, but it's surrounded by wood, which will burn, and they are trapped in there, and they will burn, and someone will laugh, and it will just be by the hands of the map... huehuehuehue.... Trust me, there are a few surprises

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Very nice map, last reply was quite a while ago. Ogarci Are any of the current maps being decided on? There is a few that haven't been replied on for a while :p

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Shit, sorry. forgot about this, have been busy.

I think I tried commenting one time then my browser crashed after I type a paragraph so I gave up. :sleep:
Its a very nice and creative map, the only thing I have issues with are the available materials and blocks. I'm scared people will get greedy and like this map only because they can horde all kinds of things. On my part, I'd make the glowstone, mycelium, end portal frames, and giant mushroom blocks all no drop blocks. Again so people cannot get greedy.

On your part:
Chests specifically, remove the bone, bonemeal, and glowstone blocks, then halve the amounts of everything else.
Only 3 cocoa pods on the map.
Halve the number of mushrooms that are in the room.
Only a suggestion, not a request: What if the only light source available in the lower part was the lava pool? Lack of adequate lighting would add to the mysterious/adventure aspect as well as making the chests more difficult and fun to find. Change the glowstone to possibly mossy cobble or darkwood planks and remove the torches?

• Agree
Reactions: ealev and Friendy

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
EDIT*: Your requests have been done. Some of your suggestions were already in/added. But the glowstone crystals need to stay that way because it's the crystal caves. (you can only see 2 chests if you keep looking straight all the time.)

Reactions: Friendy