My novel.

Fatalis

Reaction score
So, some of you have been asking what my new novel is about, so I'm going to write a basic storyline/summery.

DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO WAIT TO READ THE ACTUAL STORY. THE STORY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

The book is currently unnamed, but here is the basic story:

The date is December 15th, 2021. 9 years earlier, the world as it was known came to a sudden sharp end; although the reason for it is unknown. Simply referred to as "Armageddon," some people believe it was aliens, others think their deities, some think it was a nuclear war with China. But no matter what, it has the same outcome: The world is shattered. What actually happened on Armageddon isn't revealed until near the end of the story.

The main character is Lucy. She is 21 in the story. She lives in a refugee camp somewhere on the Western seaboard. The camp is overseen by guards who keep away anything that could threaten the "sanctuary," but at the same time laws are enforced by only one punishment: Death. People, who eat every few days if they are lucky, are desperate, stealing and killing others to survive. Children don't play; they steal. Nobody laughs, nobody smiles, nobody is happy. All hope is gone.

What was once the United States, where the story takes place, there are 3 distinct factions. The Federation of the United States of America, who attempt to restore order to a ravaged land. However, few of the technologies which made the United States a superpower remain. Their vehicular arsenal includes somewhere between 50-60 tanks and as few as 15 remaining fighter jets. Most of the Federal power is in the new capital, Fort Knox.

The second faction are the Marauders. Split up into tribes ruled by a warlord, most are escaped convicts and law breakers. They pillage camps for food, weapons and women. Women in their society are used for nothing more than reproducing male fighters. For this reason, women in the Federal army are rarely found outside Fort Knox.

The final, and most secretive faction is the Denomination of God, an extremely religious group of people who are ruled by one man, only known as the Seraphim. Their soldiers, Zealots and Purifiers, are put into brutal training, including full-contact wrestling, live firing and constant beatings in order to maintain discipline.

As the end of the first part of the book (it is split into 3; The Rain, The Pain, and The Train) comes, the camp Lucy resides in is attacked by Marauders. Lucy's brother, Joshua, opens a secret passage under the guard barracks, allowing her to escape through an old sewage drain to the nearest refugee camp, New Salem. Joshua, however, stays behind to distract them and is killed in the process, leaving Lucy in the sewage drain preparing to kill herself. She pulls herself together, however, and exits the drain only to be attacked by an irradiated man. People who hadn't been killed during Armageddon were exposed instead to massive amounts of radiation. Those who weren't inside turned into bald, naked, burned zombie-like creatures, referred to as "Zeds" Lucy, who runs out of ammunition for a pistol her brother gave her, finds a sharp rock and beats the creature's head in. After looking around and finding the Rocky Mountains, which she must pass through to get to New Salem, she is then found and tags along with an older man who identifies himself as a "scavenger," a group of Federal soldiers with the task of finding food and supplies for camps.

*This is as far as I have gotten into my book. The rest will be explained later.*

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
So basicly Groups are...

1. Capatalists.
2. Convicts.
3. Relegious?

Story line sounds interesting though and I do actualy expect a fight between the three of those.
But it's going to be hard to choose who wins, not everyone will agree, but that's how it works.

Good luck!

Fatalis

Reaction score
So basicly Groups are...

1. Capatalists.
2. Convicts.
3. Relegious?

Story line sounds interesting though and I do actualy expect a fight between the three of those.
But it's going to be hard to choose who wins, not everyone will agree, but that's how it works.

Good luck!
Oh trust me, in my writing there tends not to be a happy ending. I'm still coming up with a good end, but I have one in mind ;)

Also, the book isn't as "clean" as I might make it seem in the summery. It goes into pretty deep detail about how humans become animals when they are faced with a crisis, and about how cruel and uncaring humanity can be.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Hmm, I like the sound of this. The conflicts between the groups should make for interesting dialogue. Not sure why, but reminds me of Lord of the Flies a bit.