Multilingual Channel in Discord

Should There Be A Multilingual Channel In Discord?

• Total voters

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I think it would be nice to have a Multilingual Channel in our Discord Chat to accommodate other people in this Community that don't feel comfortable talking in English in our other channels.

I know that some staff have reservations such as this Community being an "English community" which is understandable, but there's always room for change, right? And I don't think that having a single, Multilingual channel will drastically change things.

There's also concern for moderating such a channel, which may be hard if none of the staff speak whatever language is said in this channel. Hopefully if a person sees that something bad is being said in that chat, then they will report it though.

Lastly, it can be good for people that like to learn other languages as well. I'm sure that there are plenty of people in this Community that speak other languages and maybe.. maybe.. they would like to teach others in real-time? Who knows?

Also, it's just another text-channel in the vast amount of channels that our Discord server already has.