Most Overrated Games

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Well I watched an interview with the head designer, and he said it was based on TF2.
Being based on something and being a modernized version of something are two very different things. Here, let me put it this way:

TF2 is a modernized version of TF Classic.
Tron: Legacy is based on Tron.
The movie I: Robot is (allegedly) influenced by the book I: Robot.

Brink's relationship with TF2 falls somewhere between the latter two, closer to the "influenced by" side.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
I thought the dystopian theme of Brink was pretty cool, and the parkour was somewhat unique and fun, but it loses its touch after a few hours.
The parkour was kind of badly done, in my opinion. The whole idea of a fancy move is fine, but when the implementation of that is an unbreakable animation that lasts a few seconds and leaves you completely vulnerable to fire without being able to return it until the animation is done, well...you can see why there might be problems.

Summer10

Reaction score
I'll just say Minecraft, Mario(the modern games, not the classics), Sonic(same as mario except for generations), WoW DEFINITELY, and finally,Rift is a good game but I think it was a little over-hyped about being the killer of WoW.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Minecraft, COD, Skyrim, Skyrim, oh, and skyrim. Annnnnnnnd Raving Rabbids.

EDIT: Angry birds, its not even that fun, and not to mention all of its sequels are the same game re--painted.

NOT EDIT:
@Summer10 ..... Sonic? The game that is half as popular as Mario? Meh.

Refresh100

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I'm suprised only one person said Angry Birds.
I simply refuse to play it because of how hyped up it is and the marketing on the game is really annoying. Well, I did try it once, seemed like a little under your simple physics simulator, so it didn't really get my vote. And don't get me started on the marketing on the subject.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
I only know some of them. There are a lot more that I don't know. And I'm talking about in general, who else here heard of Blinx before I came?
Yeah, I'd played both blinx games beforey ou came here. (the second didn't even let you play as him, so it wasn't as good)
Most overrated game? I'll make a slight edit to that.
Most Overhyped game?: Final Fantasy 13. All the hype leading up to it made people believe that it would be the game to end all games. And then it came out and everyone realized that Square Enix spent all of their time on the battle system. Now, if you remove all the hype surrounding it pre-release, it changes from a terrible game to a mediocre game. Square Enix actually kind of set it up to fail, honestly.

Reactions: Amorix

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I'm suprised only one person said Angry Birds.
Add another to that. It's way too overrated and I never get to use the family iPad because someone is always playing Angry Birds -_-
Those that aren't too overrated but slightly? Skyrim, Half-Life (original), Mario, Zelda, WoW and half the other MMORPGS.
Those that are indefinitely overrated? CoD, Battlefield, the other half of MMORPGs, League of Legends, Angry Birds.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Battlefield and Call Of Duty are overrated in my opinion.

Just to add, if you dislike Halo, it does not mean it is overrated.
Look at Halo, it is based on books, and it is very well pasted into the games.
It has a GOOD storyline, instead of just shooting around like a wild dog.
And it always reached very good reviews.

Yes, I am very addicted to Halo, and definitely am a Halo-fan.

Reactions: Spencer75

Emues7

Uranus
Reaction score
MOST DEFINITELY NOT skyim - I thought the same thing until I got it.

I do agree with CoD, though I also think that Mortal Kombat is quite an overrated game.