More varied minigames

W

Wimali

I think it would be more interesting to have, instead of KoTL, multiple minigames. One round it'd be spleef, the other one it would be a (random?) maze, the other one it would be parkour, another one it's KoTL... just to have some variation. I've seen quite a few people complain about KoTL being unfair and/or unbalanced.

<Wimali-zZzZ> I feel like RoF needs way more events like building competitions/spleef arenas/parkour/mazes
<Wimali-zZzZ> just to keep it fun
<Wimali-zZzZ> every once in a while
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: that would be cool
<Avallis> [Main] Cloudmario8479: parkour, huh
<Wimali-zZzZ> instead of spawning enderdragons, have something non-abusive and planned
<Avallis> [Main] Later_Gator: That would be cool if we had a variety of events after rounds.
<Avallis> [Main] Later_Gator: Like instead of KOTL all the time.
<Avallis> [Main] spaceangel96: Death runs pls
<Avallis> [Main] WiiGoGetter: I should start making piston jump courses again
<Avallis> [Main] Later_Gator: Have spleef, like you suggest.
<Wimali-zZzZ> Yup
<Avallis> [Main] samlen: making a spleef arena would be relaticely easy
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: spleef arenas ;D
<Wimali-zZzZ> We've done spleef before in maps
<Avallis> [Main] Cloudmario8479: too bad there isn't a Premium death run
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: didnt they have that in classic too
<Wimali-zZzZ> Yes
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: the spleef arena?
<Avallis> [Main] spaceangel96: I'll make a spleef arena the next time we have a map with large amounts of snow
<Wimali-zZzZ> In some maps
<Avallis> [Main] samlen: gotta love death runs xD
<Avallis> [Main] Cloudmario8479: CLava had that before
<Avallis> [Main] Later_Gator: Y'know.
<Avallis> [Main] tyukmn: I pity the Ops if we were to do a spleef arena...
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: ikr
<Avallis> [Main] Later_Gator: They could have a parkour event after RoF rounds, as a random event.
<Wimali-zZzZ> I could come on and make a spleef arena next round
<Avallis> [Main] Later_Gator: Which could be kind of like death run.
<Wimali-zZzZ> if anyone wants
<Avallis> Map vote results:
<Avallis> Iwaya_o_Niwa: 1
<Avallis> Fungi_Forest: 2
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: yay
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: awe dammit annoyed
<Avallis> [Main] spaceangel96: y u no sleep bram
<Avallis> S_swimmer joined the game.
<Avallis> [Main] samlen: Hulllos
<Avallis> [Main] S_swimmer: hi
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: wii;-;
<Avallis> [Main] WiiGoGetter: Yeah
<Avallis> [Main] S_swimmer: woa interesting map
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: the horse ;-;
<Avallis> [Main] WiiGoGetter: the horse was in the way
<Avallis> Wimali_Stebox joined the game.
<Avallis> [Main] APureK: ;-;
<Wimali-zZzZ> Anyway, I'm going to suggest something along the lines of... instead of KoTL, there's a chance of having a maze as minigame, another chance of spleef, another chance of parkour & a chance for KoTL to be the minigame
<Avallis> [Main] WiiGoGetter: so I kicked it into the void
<Avallis> [Main] spaceangel96: i think ill start stocking up on the pretty blocks
<Avallis> [Main] Wimali_Stebox: does that sound remotely fun at all
<Avallis> [Main] midnightgirl24: yeah c:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Yes please. Then maybe there will be a race to create minigame maps for the server.

Actually, what would be neat is if AoD, Infection, and TNT got into this idea where each server would share the same minigame maps that would happen during map voting times.

• Creative
Reactions: RyanDodd and tyukmn

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Actually, it occurs to me that, with the already dwindling playerbase, minigames separate from the gameplay could end up simply dividing it further. Nobody wants to play with the same two people every time. So it's probably a poor idea to have the minigames be implemented in a way that they divide players, i.e. players playing the minigame are separated from those not playing it. A good example of a minigame that doesn't prevent this would be Ironman mode (those in Ironman mode still interact as per usual with those not in it) and King of the Ladder as it was implemented last I played, in case it changed (where everyone plays it at the end of the round, and it's short enough that everyone is reunited before something else can be started). A bad example would be a spleef arena, where those playing spleef have no chance/reason to interact with those not playing spleef, which would further divide the playerbase.

• Agree
Reactions: FreakyCupcake

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you actually go on RoF a few times.

Definitely agreed though with too many minigames detracting from the server, though I didn't think of it as dividing the server to an extent that people start leaving.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
If any of you guys remember the original post that I made a while ago asking for minigame ideas know that that wasn't forgotten. I still have those and I want them added in. I, probably other staff as well, do agree that more minigames (pvp and non pvp) could be very beneficial because not everybody enjoys the monotonous nature of kotl. Where a gm wins every round.