Mona

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score

MONA
Before you say "But Ooglie, didn't you make the CTRIY thread?" NO I TOTALLY DIDN'T JUST FORGET THAT PLEASE.​
Welcome to the town of Mona current population is a grand total of... 3! (sarcasm much)​
Leaders
Ooglie101 - Leader of overground section
Nottycat - Leader of underground section
Members
Avalanche2114
JWhitty / solis22
Arachadonic / lostboys1
midlow
5genda
ansoro2112
jackamel
MrNeonBunny
Bonbonladen826
TheRedShark
magicsurvival
IncredibleNaki
Alliances
Quasar/Wisteria
Liavek
Unitato
Wars
None Currently
Mona is a town which worships the Greek Gods of the Sun (Helios) and Moon (Selene) and devote their life to astronomy, skygazing, etc. Its planning turned out to be rather large however it still works if barely anyone or tons of people live there as it can work as a ghost town or buzzing city. Mona actually has some made up history which talks about its origins, leaders, logo, etc found below... WARNING: 1184 words long also first two spoilers are derps and the third one is the first paragraph and the fourth is the rest of the whole story.
It was a summer’s day but was surprisingly cold in Mona, heavy winds blew around the town knocking down the remaining crooked signs. Once, in its former glory, Mona was a buzzing town which was well known around the land and often visited, a chance to visit it was breathtaking! They worshipped the Gods Helios and Selene (Sun and Moon) and dedicated their lives to them.
Then THEY arrived.

As one of the leaders and astronomers of Mona was inspecting the sky she saw something coming from the West in the sky, it was a large pool of pitch black in the sky which were first passed off as really dark and close-together storm clouds but as it started to grow something became visible. The Moon. It was impossible, they had studied and pretty much proven the Sun appeared to rise in the East and set in the West along with the Moon but… how was it rising from West at the same time the Sun was rising from the East? As they met eachother in the middle some sort of… reaction happened. There was a shock, bang and crash followed by two figures quickly descending from the sky. Swiftly a man rushed out of the observatory and said “No… this can’t be. Helios and Selene, they are in Mona.”

Something was wrong, usually this pair got along fine which is how they perfectly balanced their time in the sky but now they were fighting but… over what? The two suddenly raised their hands in the air shooting things out of their section of the sky onto the other, Helios raining fireballs on Selene and Selene raining stars on Helios, they completely forgot they were fighting in the town of people who worshipped them.

After the battle the two returned to the weird sky, Selene removing the night and Helios continuing the day but then out of the sky something else was falling! The people of Mona weren’t even bothered at this point, their town was severely damaged and some parts were on fire. They had given up. Upon the impact of the object and the ground a group of people gathered around the object… it was a staff. In the middle there was a crescent Moon and on the outside the Sun, people were confused. Was this the staff of Helios and Selene? Why would they be fighting over it if they had used it all this time? The people of Mona waited until the next day, many staying awake the whole cold night but it continued as normal meaning it was impossible this was the staff of both of them but then… what did it do?

In the morning the mayor firmly grabbed the staff and held it towards the sky then raised it, piercing the air. At first nothing happened until the mayor moved it left and right and noticed he had control over the sky, he could make it morning when it would usually be night but he returned it to the usual time since he did not want to anger their gods. To test things out, the mayor started doing other things with it and found out that twirling the staff would create a whirlpool of fire instead of water but much smaller and swiping it horizontally created several stars shooting out and upon impact disappearing. Since it did not have a name the people of Mona decided to call it The Staff of Mona since they were the founders.

The news quickly spread, how Mona had found this amazing staff and quickly several bandits and rogues infiltrated the town trying to steal it. After the land underneath Elysium was left uncared for it was impossible to say that the crime rates weren’t increasing because they ultimately were and increased rapidly. When the infiltration occurred the people of Mona tried to fight back at first but unfortunately the bandits were too strong… The mayor quickly rode off into the horizon towards the abandoned city of Carthage where the portal of Elysium was. Normally, if someone tried to enter the portal they wouldn’t be allowed in however the mayor wasn’t planning to go in it himself, instead he put 2 of the children of Mona in a basket along with the staff and tried to put them in the portal. They were blocked. The sounds of the bandits approached towards the mayor but fortunately Helios and Selene jumped out of the sky once more, Helios fighting off the bandits and Selene allowing the portal to take through the two children and the staff and after some time it worked and they could finally enter the portal but the mayor declined and head back to Mona.

Now we return to the present day where only a few people of Mona are barely surviving, the mayor being one of them looked up towards the sky and said “One day they will be back, older and stronger, strong enough to bring Mona back to its former glory…” The mayor started heading towards the spot where The Staff of Mona once fell and wondered if something was buried in the rubble so in curiosity he started checking until he found a red shard. He gasped. This was the last piece to the stained glass window in Ostia where a message was inscribed in the stone saying “When the window is restored everything will be made clear” Nobody knew what this meant but the mayor was intrigued and headed to Ostia.

In Ostia the mayor put the shard in the window and suddenly there was a blinding light and the whole window changed in picture and colour and it now showed a new world and the inscription had changed to “Dusk of Discordia” along with a button. They all knew what was going to happen, the land of Elysium would be destroyed and a brand new fresh land would rule, Discordia. They just hoped in the bottom of their hearts that Elysium would still exist and Mona would once again exist... They pressed the button.
Suddenly the earth shook and the skies went cloudless and then there was nothing… just space, no sky at all. Several earthquakes ripped through the land and soon enough the whole world was now non-existant…

The two children, now several years older felt the tremors and ran straight to The Staff of Mona and grabbed it. Out of nowhere a beam of light shot straight up and was vaporizing Elysium bit by bit! The two people did not know what to do and decided to both grab onto one side of the staff and jump off of Elysium down to whatever was there now or… nothing.
Splat. Or should I say splash? After a large distance of falling the two people finally was able to see the new land known as Discordia and fell into a lake. They survived, The Staff of Mona completely intact too. Nobody knew anything about this new world, a new start, a new Mona.
The two people started talking,
“You ready Notty?”
“No idea, Ooglie.”

The plans for the overground city (mine) is currently: http://i.imgur.com/GpZNVtM.png
The plans for the underground city (Notty's) is currently: pending...

If you wish to join the town of Mona feel free to ask in this thread, in PM to the leaders or in DoD and we wish you a happy and merry time in the land of Discordia!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Do remember, since I will build the underground part. Buildings should not go lower due to my stuff probabily being around there. I'm unsure what this Y is, but I'm thinking 60 or 55 depending on how low the ground there is. So your building's can't have deep basements unless I make the underground city stuff lower =3.

[Reason it's so high is because under Y 27, there is voidfog which is really annoying. I could go lower but then theres that annoying void fog =c]

Also people joining us \o/

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
... So... That's how Elysium started breaking down and having erupting volcanos everywhere in the first place?

O_O

I don't know how this could happen, however... Good luck!
Yup. Some guy far away put a shard of glass in a broken window and pressed a button and the world ended because of it.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and Faliara

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
... So... That's how Elysium started breaking down and having erupting volcanos everywhere in the first place?

O_O

Yup. Some guy far away put a shard of glass in a broken window and pressed a button and the world ended because of it.

Fail upload - when I copied link to it, it displayed:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Seems-legit-random-28286619-552-414.png on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score

O_O

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Seems-legit-random-28286619-552-414.png on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
ok

I have no idea what happened.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Faliara

Reaction score

Forbidden
ok

I have no idea what happened.
We should stop talking nonsense... I don't think Ooglie would like it.

Do you, Ooglie101?