[ModSuggestion] EnderSpawn

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/enderspawn/

It recently came to my attention that controller+'s need to respawn a enderdragon every time someone wants to battle it. With hit mod, you can set a time limit before the enderdragon respawns (say, once per hour or 60 minutes between dragons) and also modify different things including banning people from gaining xp, set a distance from which it decides which players gain full xp from the dragon, and more.

So with that, Marnixxie and Qube.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Certainly an interesting idea. I'm not sure about how it'd make The End for some people. I know certain settlements (Sancti) have bases in the End . We'd hate to get killed on the way there.
The enderdragon isnt very dangerous if you just wear iron armor, you should be able to run to where you are going.

I really like the idea for this mod, but I think once every hour is a tad to much, maybe every 8 or 12 hour instead?
Also, if this mod allows it, it would be great to have it nerfed so you get xp that gets you to level 30, not level 70 or what it is.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
The enderdragon isnt very dangerous if you just wear iron armor, you should be able to run to where you are going.

I really like the idea for this mod, but I think once every hour is a tad to much, maybe every 8 or 12 hour instead?
Also, if this mod allows it, it would be great to have it nerfed so you get xp that gets you to level 30, not level 70 or what it is.
I would say every three hours, maybe four. (in my nub opinion).

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

Mods allows for XP nerfing I believe. It also allows you to make it the enderdragon doesn't destroy blocks so Biblius aslong as Sancti can run to the base in time you won't even need to touch it. A tunnel system like the NN can be made as well during times the dragon isn't spawned.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Mods allows for XP nerfing I believe. It also allows you to make it the enderdragon doesn't destroy blocks so Biblius aslong as Sancti can run to the base in time you won't even need to touch it. A tunnel system like the NN can be made as well during times the dragon isn't spawned.
IF, im not sure about this, block damage was diabled already, and IF i remmeber right, on last SMP, it was able to fly through blocks. I am not very sure about any of this, just what i remmeber from the last SMP,

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Every 8 hours is still very op, as users can just come back and earn an easy (if it is changed) 30 levels. I think it should be more like once every two days or so.

• Agree
Reactions: EggNog

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Every 8 hours is still very op, as users can just come back and earn an easy (if it is changed) 30 levels. I think it should be more like once every two days or so.
In two days, it will come like atleast 50-60 different people on the server, and many of theese want to fight the dragon.

Maybe one time each day could be good, however times can be tested and adjusted.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Not interested in the plugin.

If you all really want an enderdragon once every while you could firstly ask a controller and above.
Secondly, I already have a plugin where all of this is possible, another plugin like this will just hog the resources for no purpose.
Alright, fine if we already have a plugin like this but why not set up a time for it to respawn? I don't seen why it spawning every 12 hours is a problem especially if you can control how much XP people get and such like with this mod.

Q

Qube

Right, i completely understand the need to have a respawning Enderdragon, and i would not mind having it added to Elysium at all, infact it has already been added, i have taken some parts from what has been suggested above, but it has also been changed a bit.

Firstly, it wont respawn every 12 hours, while that is a pretty long time, i feel it has to be more unique to fight it than that, so instead the respawn time will be 9.5 days. The dragon will also only drop half of the given EXP from a normal Enderdragon (roughly 30 levels), and it wont be spawning any Portal or Egg!

I hope you will enjoy it even tho i'v changed it like this, but you will have to understand that we want to keep the Enderdragon a more or less rare boss fight, and not something people can do fairly often!

Feel free to keep discussing it after it has been added, i'm always open to suggestions!
Cheers, Qube.

Reactions: 123

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Thats great Qube! My only two suggestions to follow up...

1-Why keep it from dropping a egg? Unless I'm mistaken, a egg is nothing but something to show off correct? (I.e. like CTY's egg, which I think is something great: The egg the town got from coming together to defeat the enderdragon).

2-I agree it should be much longer time between spawns then originally stated, but why not make it a once a week fight? Possibly making it a server wide event to prevent people from going in and soloing it to lead to another long wait?

Q

Qube

1-Why keep it from dropping a egg? Unless I'm mistaken, a egg is nothing but something to show off correct? (I.e. like CTY's egg, which I think is something great: The egg the town got from coming together to defeat the enderdragon).
Well, mostly because i want to keep the dragon egg a special item, in Singleplayer there is only one egg after all! I'm not aware of how many eggs there might be in the world right now, but i'd like to keep it low, even with a 9.5h respawn time the eggs could easily appear everywhere across the map! Now i know most people want to get their hands on it, and it might be subject to change in the future, but not as it stands right now!

2-I agree it should be much longer time between spawns then originally stated, but why not make it a once a week fight? Possibly making it a server wide event to prevent people from going in and soloing it to lead to another long wait?
Well, the way the mod we uses works is that it respawns 9,5 days after the dragon dies, meaning it wont respawn on the same time each week anyway, the reason the respawn time is put on x.5 is to give it a chance to spawn in different timzones from when it died!

Cheers!

Reactions: Da Jinks