Steam I.D.: STEAM_0:0:42358821
Timezone: GMT -6
Previous moderating experiences:
  • Trusted on Baker's TTT server
  • Operator on Army of Darkness
  • Operator on Malcovent's SMP
  • Trusted on Classic Zombie Survival
Ever had any experiences playing Gmod before?:

I have 207 hours on Garry's Mod and likely over 90 percent of it can be attributed to Trouble in Terrorist Town.

What responsibilities will you have on the server as a moderator?:

A moderator of a TTT server has many responsibilities. Due to the nuanced nature of many of the rules, a moderator must have mastery of different situations to ensure that no one is killed unfairly and that no one flies under the radar after breaking the rules. A moderator must also have experience with different types of weapons and server mods to understand their impact on the game in discovering if rules could have been broken using the particular items, and must be able to utilize staff commands to effectively combat abuses, such as being able to reach and interpret damage logs. Lastly, a moderator is present to mediate between disputes, keep the air of the server professional, and be the deciding factor in an argument as they are given the most power and information.

Why should I choose you over other applicants?:

I am a good candidate for moderator because I have extensive experience with Trouble in Terrorist Town and feel that I could handle myself well in any situation that presents itself because of my collective understanding of the game mode. I also can communicate the intent of a TTT server to new players and direct them to resources (if any are given [threads, !motd, f1, etc.]) to help them learn more about the server they joined.

What do you think would be the difference in staffing on a steam-related server compared to a Minecraft server?:

Firstly, Trouble in Terrorist Town brings with it a completely different community. The fundamental difference between TTT and Minecraft is its playerbase, so one would potentially change how they interact and communicate with the general players because of this. Secondly, commands are similar in some aspects, but there are commands that go under different names (gag vs. mute) and other resources that one must use to prove certain actions were taken (Damage Logs vs. Hawkeye). Other than this, much of the staffing is similar because one still has to literally "moderate" over a server and try to promote healthy interaction/gameplay in the same ways (kicking, banning, muting, mediating).

What do you do in a situation that you have no experience in or cannot solve yourself?:

If a situation is out of my control, I would go directly to someone of a higher rank as soon as possible. If it were a situation I simply did not know the answer to, I would first seek out a staff member of the same rank that may be able to handle it better than myself.

References:

<23:38:47> You poked "[Ronaldo (New PC need badges)] Ronaldo" with message: reference me nerd

Are you available to use TeamSpeak if accepted?:

I'm on Teamspeak pretty much every hour I'm not in school, so

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edits -
(2/22/15): Added "Trusted on Baker's TTT server" to staffing experience

(2/23/15): Added new section based on application format changing
(2/23/15): Steam Username changed to "[ESC ↻] Akashi Seijūrō" it will likely stay as long as the old iteration (at least 3 months or more)

Last edited:

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I feel like you're someone who's going to be easy to work with and provide some useful insight towards a lot of different situations when controversy happens knowing your past experience on TTT. Accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.