Mob Reduction

scotty12345

Reaction score
Hi all,
It might just be me,
but i feel that the spawn rate for mobs it quite high at the moment. This seems to be only effecting maps that are always in darkness. I think it would be beneficial if hostile mobs were turned down slightly. Not so much that theres none at all, but enough that players with no resources at least have a chance. Im mentioning this for maps such as Rooted that have quite a few mobs right at the start. I'll be honest and say its taking the fun out of playing for me in some ways.
Cheers,
Scotty

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I'd like to point out, as well, that with the new Hunger features in 1.7, taking continuous damage (or any damage at all) will drain your [or players in general with out much food] hunger more and make you more vulnerable.

With that, players can die more easily than before, and they may not be very happy about that if they are doing well.

Keep in mind, this is based on 1.7 features alone, and yes, the staff probably can't do much about that, just throwing in food for thought.

(get it)

Rytheria

Reaction score
I agree that a slight tuning of the hostile mobs could be put in place, but, if it requires a lot of effort I don't believe it is worth it. They *can* be quite a pain to deal with, however, they influence the gameplay in a positive way. On the note of 1.7 generics, vulnerability always puts spice to a "Calm" mood round.

If you keep dying, you can always purchase/craft tools to help you conquer the mobs of RoF~

scotty12345

Reaction score
I do really feel that a reduction, at least on smaller maps will help.
Yes people have money to buy armor, but the amount of mobs are still silly over all.
Im not asking for a massive reduction, but a reduction to normal levels. It appears to be higher than normal

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's hard to buy armour when you keep losing it from mobs, it just turns into a waste of your hard-earnt currency~
Plus, I can speak from experience, that a lot of people try to reduce the amount of cookies they're spending so they don't prolong the time they're going to have to spend to get to their next rank.

W

Wimali

I've always felt like the amount of mobs were unbalanced. Some maps have a shitton of mobs, while others don't have any at all. I feel like that's the mapmakers' fault, and I feel like the maps should just be edited: Maps with a lot of mobs should have more "safe spots" and less mobs, (safer spawns as well) while maps with almost no mobs should get some areas with mobs.

But I feel like that would be way too much work tbh. I've got the feeling my idea isn't very realistic.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Rooted is meant to be as such so that will stay, I know about Sanctuary being excessive so I'll try and reduce some mobs. Expect zombies/spiders to remain the same while creepers and skeletons get reduced. The others I'll look into.