Accepted [Mob] 要素神社/Elements Shrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: 要素神社/Elements Shrine
Map Author: Catcocomics
Please set the map to midnight (I think 16000 ticks?)
Game Type: Mob
Map World Border: self-contained
Download: /warp ElementsShrine
Round Time: N/A (but if a wave cap is applicable, I'd say for it to stop by about 30 or 40)
Wave Time: 20 seconds each until wave 20, then make it be 40 seconds.
Shop Locations: the villagers in these here tornadoes:
Can't miss.
Mob Spawns: indicated by these skulls and Jolly Rogers.
Also can't miss.
Shop Items: Default shop with the following modifications:
*All swords to be renamed as "[material] Katana", spam-click.
*An axe of each variant named as "[material] Hammer", default charge times, KB 2. Priced at default sword price for each material +2 gold.
*Iron and Diamond Chestplates to be named "Iron Scale Mail" and "Diamond Scale Mail" respectively.
*5 Bottles o' Enchanting for 20 gold, as well as 1 Bottle o' Enchanting for 5 gold.
*Notch Apple for double the revive's current price.
*Extended Regen Potion for 20 gold.
*Healing 2 Lingering Potion for 25 gold.
*Mending book for 40 gold.
*Power 5, Infinity, Flame bow named "Wise Man's Gambit" for 35 gold.
Fall Damage: it's probably negligible, but turn it off anyways.
End Wave: around 30 or 40
Mobs that can spawn: preferably, default with the following modifications:
*zombies before wave 20 get iron hat, chestplate, and sword (all from shop), but halved HP. Drop 1 gold.
*zombies wave 20 and beyond get full set of diamond gear +sword (all from shop), but weakness 1, fire resistance, and 24 HP. Drop 5 gold.
*Skeletons before wave 20 get a skull on their head and chain boots. Drop default loot.
*Skeletons wave 20 and beyond get a prot 4 Jack-o-lantern on their head, iron armor, and punch 1, pow 2, flame bow. Drop default loot + 3 gold.
*Creepers spawn riding on a bat. drop default loot + 1 gold
*Cave Spiders are quitters and don't want to spawn.
*Witches spawn with a chicken on their heads. some times that chicken will have a wave 20+ baby zombie on it.
*Blazes spawn with falling anvil (heavily damaged) riding on their heads. Default loot + 8 gold.
*Ghasts are invisible. Default loot + 3 gold.
*Zombie pigmen have weakness 8, but are sanic speedz. They also carry a stone or gold "hammer" (axe with KB 2). Default loot +10% chance to drop weapon).
*Wither has absorption 20 for 10 minutes (non-renewing). Default loot + revive.
Screenshots (using Xai Waker resource pack)

Some notes:
*heeeeeey, I used a bunch of magma blocks again. In fact, roughly 80-90% of the pillar/arena is made of solid magma. Good thing most of the top of this thing is NOT magma.
*The lava is directly above void. this is highly intentional to prevent players from destroying their armor accidentally because they are waiting for the lava to slowly kill them, so the void just does it in an instant.
*Though the shrine/temple in the center of the map is 4 stories tall, players can only access the first floor. However, the other 3 floors are used by a great big quad-beacon that empowers all players. This is partially why I went with the crazy mob-spawn modifications.
*The first floor of the temple/shrine can be used for enchanting and renaming, but not for hiding. Sorry kiddos, if you think the legions of vengeful martyrs and undead samurai can be stopped by rice-paper doors that are already open, think again.
*[BCOLOR=#800000]Originally[/BCOLOR], I was going to make this map just be like Last Man Standing, except as a giant pillar of solid magma in the middle of a lava ocean... Well, it still kind of is like that... Oh well, we don't have to have hellish aesthetics, especially since we already have a hellish army to deal with.

P.S. If any modifications cannot be made, then please politely notify me and set them to their default in the final map.

Reactions: Friendy
D

Deleted member 4601

You might be looking for 元素寺 or 元素塔, not 要素神社 for two reasons: Elements (as in the four elements) here is probably better written as 元素 instead of 要素 (I think) since 要素 means something else; 寺 (temple) or 塔 (tower, pagoda) is probably better at describing what you've built since you see pagodas in temples, not shrines. Then again, I could be wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, good luck!

Iggish

Reaction score
Just one thing I noticed catco, when you are jumping around with the jump boost, you are easily able to hit your head off the barrier blocks surrounding the lava pillars, slowing you up and sending you into the magma. Otherwise the gameplay looks good.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
You might be looking for 元素寺 or 元素塔, not 要素神社 for two reasons: Elements (as in the four elements) here is probably better written as 元素 instead of 要素 (I think) since 要素 means something else; 寺 (temple) or 塔 (tower, pagoda) is probably better at describing what you've built since you see pagodas in temples, not shrines. Then again, I could be wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just grabbed it from Google Translate after typing in "Elements Shrine", which I myself thought was grammatically incorrect, but I did this at 1 A.M. last night with a bad headache, so I was essentially careless. If you want the name in both languages to be grammatically correct, be my guest.
Just one thing I noticed catco, when you are jumping around with the jump boost, you are easily able to hit your head off the barrier blocks surrounding the lava pillars, slowing you up and sending you into the magma. Otherwise the gameplay looks good.
This is likely because I built the lava pillars before I built the beacons. I'll go ahead and make the lava pillars taller.
Isn't a pagoda the temple itself?
I believe pagodas are typically Buddhist temples, though if you read on one of the signs on the thing, it sais "the spirits of this shrine give you strength".
You could take it to mean that the spawn structure is a Buddhist temple fused with a Shinto shrine, or it could be a Shinto shrine inside a Buddhist temple. Personally, I just built in the style I adopted from the structures in the Aquarium Park of Eggman's Interstellar Amusement park and haven't thought too heavily about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.