Mmarz11 - Trusted - 02/08/13

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Your In-Game Name: Mmarz11

Do you have any alternate accounts that can also play Premium? If so, what are their names: No I do not.

What is your Timezone? Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -4)

Who has agreed to reference you? (You need AT LEAST 1 staff reference): Solis22/Jwhitty

What is your current real life age? (Don't be Shy) 18

How many hours have you played on AOD in total? (Use /timeonline to check) 4 days, 13 hours, and 16 minutes.

How active are you on the server, and how often do you come on? I am pretty active on the server. I am online almost every day and usually for at least 2 hours. I can usually get on for longer but it depends on the day. Some days I have work and I may not be able to get on as long as other days. My time is mostly free though so you'll definitely be seeing me online often.

Do you have any past experience staffing in Minecraft? I have been staff on a few MineCraft servers:

I was a Trusted on the classic TNT Wars server during a two week trial. This was one of the first times being a staff member on anything and it was not very successful. I lacked maturity at the time but have become a lot more mature over the years. By getting a chance to be a staff member I learned what I needed to work on and have improved since.

I was a Guide on another server. The server didn't have a lot of rules and was more "If you can do it (without mods/hacks) then it's legal." That included griefing among other things. I did not care for that aspect of it but the server was fun with a bunch of towns and cities. My main task was to help guide new players just starting on the server. I would answer their questions and try to make them want to stay on the server. I also had to go onto the forum thread and whitelist new players when they applied. I was a staff member for a lot longer time and I did a much better job compared to being Trusted on TNT Wars.

On the same server mentioned above, I helped the server developers test new plugins that they were adding to the server. I was able to find a lot of bugs in their code and helped make the server better for everyone. After a while, I ended up being the only person coming to the testing sessions which made it even more important that I find as many bugs as I could. If I didn't find them then someone might exploit it and cause a lot of problems.

I am currently an Air Marshall on a Youtuber's MineCraft server. My role requires me to answer questions, be friendly, and punish rule breakers. Before the server reset, I ended up banning a lot of people that were griefing the server. They would do all kinds of different griefing and I would have to go around, find the grief or just teleport to someone who did, ban the person responsible, and then repair the damage. Most of the damage was able to be fixed using commands but some I had to clean up myself. The role requires me to be knowledgeable of the server plugins so that when people have questions about them then I am able to answer them fully. I do not like to leave people when they still do not understand what I've been trying to explain to them. I try to be helpful and friendly to everyone.

Through the different staffing positions that I've held in the past, I have become a better staff member all together. I have learned what I had been doing wrong before and I'm now able to do a better job in the future.

What would you say your biggest weakness is, and how would you work to improve it? I would have to say that my biggest weakness is time management. I have a hard time dividing my time up so that I can get everything that I want to or need to done. Many times I will be on the computer for way too long that I do not have time for anything else or I end up almost being late, which would be catastrophic for myself as I prefer to never be late. While I have staffed on other servers, I have not been able to divide my time so that I can both do my role as a staff member and also play the game. If I were to get Trusted then I would have to change. I think the best way for me to start improving would be to give myself clear definite times where I must staff. These times would be when the player count and/or time limit is low enough that they should be checked for legality as well as if someone is breaking the rules or another player thinks they are. A while after I start, I think I would then be able to move away from those definite times and hopefully be able to decide for myself what I should do. I think that if I am able to do it online then I should try to implement it in my real life and hopefully I will become better as a whole at managing my time. There is a lot that I want to do but I just have never been able to manage the time to do it all.

What food/beverage would best suit your personality and why? This question really made me think for quite a while (ended up getting hungry as well...). I eventually thought of myself being similar to ice cream. Ice cream comes in many different forms. You can have it on a cone, on a stick, in a bowl, et cetera. I feel as though I act like a totally different person when I am at work, at home, online, et cetera. I also act differently when need to be. I might normally do one thing but due to the circumstances I might change and do what I should do at that current time. Ice cream also starts off hard in the freezer but slowly softens up in the heat. In a new setting I am often more to myself and not involved as much. After time I begin to "soften up" and become much more open to the people around me. Ice cream also can have a lot of different things added to it. I feel as though over the years I have had a lot of different experiences change who I am. I have become a better person, more mature, more experienced, et cetera. Small changes over a long period of time can really add up to something much larger. Also, ice cream is enjoyed by a good number of people and I try to be liked by as many people as I can.

Why do you deserve the rank? I believe I deserve the Trusted rank because of various reasons. I have a lot of experience staffing MineCraft servers as well as some other games. Over the years and different staffing roles that I have had, I have gotten better at being a staff member. I have learned what I had been doing wrong at times and have only improved since. I have been playing on the Army of Darkness server for a good while now and I know the rules and what is expected of being Trusted. I am active, mature, and I try to be as helpful as I can. I try to be friendly to everyone because if someone doesn't like another then why would they want to stay around with them? I would not want to be playing with someone I really dislike and I do not want to be that person to others. I am experienced on the server and I do my best to help those who are new or do not know something that I do. I try my best to help a person until they understand what I am saying. I do not want to answer them and just move on without knowing if they have gotten their question answered sufficiently. I feel as though I deserve the rank because I want to make the server better. I want to be there for people when they need their questions answered. I do not want people being unhappy by people not obeying the rules or because they do not know what to do. I would not want to have a lot of questions and have absolutely no one trying to answer them. It would not make me want to stay on the server. Another thing to know about myself is that I am fun but serious. What I mean by that is that I like to be a fun and nice person but I know when enough is enough and I need to enforce the rules. Just because I like to play with someone or we're having a fun time does not mean that people can break the rules. I may not want to hand out punishments but when they are needed then I must do so. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Add any other extra information here which you think will benefit your application: I feel as though there is not much else to say. The previous sections say a lot for me and I do not think I can benefit from a few lines here. However, I do want to thank the people reading this for taking the time to consider my application. I hope that I will become a Trusted but even if I don't I will continue being as helpful and friendly as I can be. Being staff does not determine whether you should be helpful and friendly or not.

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
You are really active, really mature, and very helpful. I can see you got experience as a Trusted, so I'm sure you can handle this position. Therefore you deserve a +1.

SmoggyWaffles

Reaction score
Well, I cannot vote. However, I can give my opinion, so here it is;

I rarely ever see you on the server, and this may be due to time zones, however, I did see you one day last week, when I was on for around 6 hours, and I didn't really see you contribute too much to chat when questions were asked. You are a very kind and friendly when I met you, but helping out on the server is important too!
Keep that in mind, and good luck! :D

Reaction score
You really took time into making this app and I have to say this is impressive, you had tons of experience to know what to expect with rulebreakers, you were helpful when helping the developers with the bugs and plugins, you can help new players that come onto AoD as well :) and I do see you come onto the server often so you deserve a +1. Good luck!

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I have heard a few good thing's about you from a few of are regular player's. Then I can see you put a lot of work into your application. I believe it's worth a trial and let's see where it goes from there. +1