MiyakoWolf's Staff Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
In-game username: MiyakoWolf

Time-zone: No UTC/GMT offset

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? I would probably spend at least 4 hours a day on RoF, however I would be on the computer the majority of the day and could be pinged if needed.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server? An operator should be there to help out if there is a flood or a greif within the server.If anyone died during the flood a restore should be given and the operator should try to calm everyone down if things get out of hand. They should calmly speak to the griefer to inform them of the rules and take any other action that is needed in the situation.They should also help any player if they need help or have a problem. If someone has a question, the operator should try to answer and be able to explain something if needed.
When a new player joins, an operator should make them feel welcome, inform of the rules and any other relevant information and should let them know that if they have any questions then they shouldn't be afraid to ask.
An operator should not abuse their abilities. They should only tp in reasonable conditions and if a player asks them without good reason they should inform them that the tp cannot be made.

What sets you apart from other applicants? I am quite friendly and I am easy to get in contact with if an operator is needed. I have seen the way several members of staff have handled a situation and have taken that into account to learn from.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I think my biggest weakness would be that I can sometimes lose focus of the chat. However I am working on this and it should be easy to gain my focus.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? If I came across a problem that I wasn't familiar with I would ask one of my fellow operators for advice. If they weren't sure either I would ask another or turn to higher staff.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have? I have never done any previous staffing, however I am determined to learn and hopefully do a good job as an operator!

References:
FrenchSanta12
WiiGoGetter

Last edited:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know you have a lot of potential to be a great staff member, but I don't feel as if I've seen you talk in chat as much as I'd like.
Whether that is timezones or something else, I don't know but as I said you have a lot of potential and I wish you luck, but I'll also be going with a o [BCOLOR=#ffffff]For now[/BCOLOR]

D

DarkHender

I don't know, I feel like Miya isn't completley ready for the rank Operator because she hasn't stood out to me as much as I would like her to. I would like to see her help out more, though I wouldn't think a trial would hurt.
I'll be going with a 0 leaning to a +1.

Good luck with the rest of your application, :).

EDIT: I haven't seen you online recently and It's almost been a week since I last replied. I'll have to set my vote as a 0 instead of leaning, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
You've got friendliness and activity going for you. Haven't had a single negative interaction with you, mostly good conversations, some shenanigans, and I don't doubt you've picked up on staff behavior, but I want to see you actively helping people out more in game. 0 for now.

Last edited:

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi Miyaks,

I'll echo what my fellow OPs+ have stated. You're an awesome player/person to be around. Now, I have noticed that you've been much more actively interacting with the playerbase, lately. You know the rules and you can be very helpful. I just wish I could see more of that sooner so I can have more time to observe and see how you do. So I will have to go with a 0 for now but if you continue to do what you do, and work with the playerbase a bit more with great success, I don't see any reason not to give you a +1.

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)

• Thank You
Reactions: MiyakoWolf

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Hello Miyako,

We've sat down and really thought through every single applicant. We're just not getting the impression that you're truly ready to step up to this rank yet. We think it's great that you want to help out, and that you have the best intentions at heart. However, we want to see you reapply at a later date once you have more experience as a leader amongst players.

Denied for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.