Not open for further replies.

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
Account Name: MiyakoWolf

Do you have any Premium alternate accounts? No

Age(note that we value maturity over actual age): 17

Timezone: No UTC/GMT offset

References (Op+, none are required but will help you significantly): rawrmynameisrex, Tamzies

Approx. time spent on BB (use /ontime to check): 5 days 8 hours 8 minutes

Previous staff experience: I currently have no previous staff experience.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? I very much enjoy building, and experimenting with different blocks and details in my builds. I also have a good knowledge of WorldEdit, so If anyone was unsure on how to do a certain command or needed help with something, then I could give them some help and teach them so that they can learn it themselves. I am a good listener, and though I do admit that when I am building, I can sometimes lose track of the chat, I usually notice when someone says my name.

What do you think the role entails? The role of a buildbox operator is to enforce the rules. They need to make sure that the server remains a fun place to be. To ensure this they need to treat griefers, spammers and inappropriate and rude members of the server, in a mature manor. If a player is banned then an operator needs to be sure to tell that person that they are able to appeal on the forums. Ontop of this, an operator needs to be friendly, trustworthy and reliable. They need to be respectful to everyone, including fellow members of staff, as being rude as an operator does not show a good example to the players of the server. When viewing a players build for builder, they should be helpful and honest with that player. If their build isn't to the builder standard then they should kindly give them advice on how they could improve. If that player then happens to react in a bad way, an operator should reassure them and try to calm them down.

Why do you want this position? I really love buildbox and would like to be an operator to help others and make the best of the buildbox community. It makes me really happy to help others! It’s always nice to see players reactions when they are promoted to builder. I believe I can be a fun operator to be around but also serious when needed.

Additional/final notes: Thank you to all for taking the time to read this! I would really love to join the buildbox team and help out as much as I can!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey MiyakoWolf, thanks for applying for Buildbox Staff! I referenced you because I thought that you would do great as an Op on the server. Your building skills are great and I've seen the maps that you've made which make me believe that you have a good sense on how to use WorldEdit, which would be helpful, like you said, to help another player out with using it when needed.
Your application is solid and I think that you're mature enough to handle being Op. Good luck! 1+

• Thank You
Reactions: MiyakoWolf and Naoh

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Yo Miyako, you've got a strong application and strong building skills, and I don't exactly have any problems with you. That said, I don't have a super positive look on you, either. I think you'd probably do well as a staff member, but your overall quietness leads me to get confused - I don't really have a grasp on your personality at all. I'll be voting a 0 for now, but I might change it later. I'll try to figure out what kind of person you are in these next few days. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: MiyakoWolf

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Let me sum this up in bullet points since I'm on an iPad and bullet points are awesome anyway:
  • Strong building skills, which will help you judge Builder builds
  • Strong application. You seem to have really thought it out, with 'ifs' and even recognising that you've got things to improve on
  • Friendly
  • Quiet. This may be due time not seeing you at times when lots of people are on, though.
  • I just need to see you demonstrate your skills with a few more players on, then I'll most happily +1 you. Am I allowed to give +0.5? +1

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Naoh and MiyakoWolf

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
On the behalf of Tamzies:

Hey Miya,

I gave you my reference for a reason I think you would do great on our team. You are very social and mature and at times very helpful. I think our team could benefit from someone like you. We need some young and fresh faces in our team and you would do that job perfectly.

Also the fact that you are always online and have a good place in the community makes it that you are suitable for the job. Your bulding skills are fine and that would benefit to help people with giving people tips and tricks.

+1 from me. :)

Good luck!

--

And from me: MikeTang I'll ping you since I'm not sure group pings are being reliable. It looks like you haven't read this yet, unless you did it when you weren't logged on.

• Thank You
Reactions: Naoh and MiyakoWolf

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
Thanks for applying for operator MiyakoWolf,
This could be a great opportunity to get a new operator. Building skill isn't much a deal on operator applications, but it'd fit for advanced builder. I'm noting this because you mentioned about building. One of the main things that really scare me as an operator is someone receiving voxelsniper, if you are good at worldedit, you should be fine with voxelsniper. I like when operators can have fun and be serious at times. I like what you have wrote in the role entails, and I think you are ready for buildbox operator. +1

• Thank You
Reactions: MiyakoWolf
Status
Not open for further replies.