minor suggestions

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
  1. add more trophies based on user suggestions for more useless points to work towards
  2. give trophy points a purpose by allowing people with X+ points (63?) access to user titles other than "member"
    • possibly custom effects to make them feel special for having 1000 likes
  3. uh, how about the ability to change username color? staff already have fancy banners for grouping anyway
  4. more themes to choose from would be super nice, perhaps a horse one
  5. how about more fonts that most people will never use, like comic sans.
    • what kind of a forum doesn't have comic sans? this one, that's what
  6. also, there's that thing where there's a bunch of empty pages in the back of the ratings given thing, probably due to ratings on hidden/deleted posts

that's all for now, might add more suggestions later
if there's any suggestion readers of this thread may have, no matter how trivial, feel free to post it here instead of making an entire thread

Y

YouWould

If we go overboard with forums, we'll have the same head-jerking problem RoF has. I could see a background update or an available second one, as we've had this forever. I don't know why we need fonts, even our italics/bold/underline messes up a lot.

staff already have fancy banners for grouping anyway
This is to distinguish STAFF. If everyone has rank colors, there'll be a lot of people who have no clue who is and isn't staff, and we'd rather avoid confusion.

Badges/trophy points, though, may be better (Perhaps a golden member award for achieving all non-admin/asshat TPs

• Confusing
  • Agree
Reactions: Jivvi and JayJay

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Maybe we could have like an experience bar for number of likes, posts, trophy points, ratings and etc. Like PlanetMinecraft's. I think that'd be fun for those who like that sort of thing.
Maybe even have forum ranks/classes, not like huge titles and more perms, but like little tiny titles to show off that do nothing.

Thinking about this its a lot for just a normal member. But honestly it would be a SUPER small thing that would be fun for those level-uppers.

Bah, just an idea.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Duffie

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Maybe we could have like an experience bar for number of likes, posts, trophy points, ratings and etc. Like PlanetMinecraft's. I think that'd be fun for those who like that sort of thing.
Maybe even have forum ranks/classes, not like huge titles and more perms, but like little tiny titles to show off that do nothing.

Thinking about this its a lot for just a normal member. But honestly it would be a SUPER small thing that would be fun for those level-uppers.

Bah, just an idea.
the titles thing was done with post count on the old forums
I had "Cave Digger" (two stars)

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie
L

Later_Gator

if there's any suggestion readers of this thread may have, no matter how trivial, feel free to post it here instead of making an entire thread
But that's the point of having a "Suggestions" subforum. Threads like this can get messy as various suggestions are introduced and multiple discussions take place.

JtTorso

Reaction score
Of all these suggestions there is one that I (and a few others) are fond of, this being the multiple themes idea. If you've been around, you might recall that for a time we had some optional themes (two to chose from). Of course this was a very long time ago in our community's history and I'm not entirely sure a lot of people were aware at the time as I'm sure many are unaware themes can be changed still.

The ratings issue is likely post deletion, might be worth fixing to aid in cleanup but not entirely necessary as this thread is the first "complaint" (I used in the loosest way possible as these are suggestions and not complaints) I've seen and it doesn't seem to bother anybody.

Name colour is a no-no in my opinion, they should be reserved for staff and other special ranks, there's a reason why you wear a uniform at work, if anyone could wear whatever they wanted it'd cause some confusion. I completely understand the desire for forum colours and I'm sure I could be persuaded to think it a good idea with some discussion.

And for trophies and points, they have always seemed trivial at most to me, so I have no real opinion, if a lot of people want more stuff like that then I don't see why not (assuming it doesn't cause any issues, people seem to get a little sensitive when it comes to likes and ratings and such).

Overall I do like these suggestions as they are not wholly redundant, without thought, or self serving and that's the kind of suggestions we need for when changes do come.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

JtTorso

Reaction score
Actually I'd like to sort of retract my previous statement about coloured names. Assuming we had a theme that could clearly present staff ranks and names in a way that differentiates the two then I would be perfectly fine with it, we could probably do it with our current forum theme.

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
a black-on-white optional theme would be fabulous fyi

individual themes chosen by the user = gr8

post-based awards, eg trophies for gaining 1000 postingpointz, would not personally enhance my experience because it would increase the amount of non-content posting on the forums as people may post to aggregate the points to get the supposed 'prize', instead of actually contributing legitimately to discussions for the sake of voicing their own opinion. But hey, people do that anyway.

Y

YouWould

Actually, if we could select a picture for the background from our picture files, that would be lovely.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
suggestion:

merge alerts from profile comments in a way similar to watched threads
like this:
Username commented on SomeGuy's profile post.
There may be more replies after this.
Are there any actual XenForo resources that do this? What I would suggest is that anyone that wants to make a suggestion regarding changes to this forum should look through the XenForo resources section and see if any of their suggestions have been created by a developer then post that specific link of said resource along with your suggestion. That way, it makes it easier for the Admins to see if they can implement your suggestion or not.

Go here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/