• Yes!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I thought that we could add some sort of a new "type" of map to the server, which is minigames. A normal minigame would have a build time of 2:00 and a survive time of 2:00-4:00. It wouldn't be a place with all these nooks and crannies (unless you really want it to). Most would be a wide open area. Minigames could be things such as:
  • Laser tag
  • Fort defense
  • Archery battle
  • Race
  • Etc
Some already-made maps that can be good examples of minigames (and can possibly be turned into them) are BuildBox and PoolHall.

This is already possible to make one, and I know that. What I am really suggesting is that these maps could have different and more open options as to the properties and effects of the map, depending on what it is. Also, what I am suggesting is that every time AoD gives you the choice between two maps, it gives you a minigame option, like this:

Use /vote <#> to vote!
1. CloseQuarters by Guinessis
2. Avenguard Keep by Kuromono13
3. -Minigame- SuddenDeath by S_swimmer

I understand how most of you probably think this is not needed, and I know that Baker and LISTINGS might want to reject it if it is too much unneeded work, so I am open to all judgement, no matter how harsh :)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I do like the idea a lot, but maybe not have it as an option every round so that it there isn't a risk of it just being minigames for 5 games in a row. I suggest making it quite rare for the option to be there. Maybe every 5/10 games? Also, think this might be a bit too complicated, but we'll see.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I do like the idea a lot, but maybe not have it as an option every round so that it there isn't a risk of it just being minigames for 5 games in a row. I suggest making it quite rare for the option to be there. Maybe every 5/10 games? Also, think this might be a bit too complicated, but we'll see.
It could be picked by selecting a minigame at a similar way the maps are chosen, and activated the same way as the juggernaut is (I believe that is do-able and shouldn't be /too/ complicated)

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Not a chance. :( You'd basically need to rewrite AoD, the best you can do is get creative with the maps & their kits, sorry.
Understood. And, I guess you could still make minigame-type maps without needing to have it officially classified as a minigame :p

Thanks list. But, just wondering, would I be able to name the map something like -Minigame- [name map here], or would it be too long?

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Understood. And, I guess you could still make minigame-type maps without needing to have it officially classified as a minigame :p

Thanks list. But, just wondering, would I be able to name the map something like -Minigame- [name map here], or would it be too long?
Try it! If it breaks Baker will fix it!! :p

RE Kits - You should shortly be able to include enchanted/magic items and named magic items in Kits with the next update.

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_