MineZ

Pokemon365

Reaction score
http://www.minez.net/

MineZ is a server mod based off of DayZ, a mod for another game.
The main goal is to head north......only its not that easy
You spawn in the south, with little gear and no food. (Hunger DOES kill you)
You must make your way to towns and other settlements and loot the chests for gear. After acquiring some gear, make your way up north, while avoiding or fighting zombies. Also look out for the players who kill others.
(I will not go into any more detail on the game. Visit the website for more information)

This is supposed to be a thread for discussing the server, giving advice, telling stories of your accounts on the server, etc. (you can even get creative like the diaries in the solitude thread)

My strategy in the game is to head to portsmouth when i spawn. (I used rei's minimap) I stay there until gathering the following:
Full leather armor
3-7 water bottles
2-5 stacks of cookies
shears + dyes
3-5 wooden swords.

After that, I head to the logging camp, while avoiding yawpton. (I will say why later in my tips) I stay in the logging camp until getting chain armor, a full iron sword, bow, and lots of wheat. There is water in the logging camp, but no crafting table. After getting about 3-5 stacks of wheat or so, I head to yawpton (about 400 blocks away) and craft bread. Then i quickly get out. I repeat this process until i have a considerable amount of food, then i head to devil's castle from the logging camp. I stay at the castle until i have enchanted weapons.
(I have never made it beyond this point)
But my plan is to head to fort erie after that. Then from fort erie i would head to camp kharj. Then from there I will make an attempt to get to Al-Hasa.

These are my tips:
-Don't head to camp bell first. While having good tools, it has no food and is a hot spot for zombies
-Drink water when your bar gets down to 3
-Eat rotten flesh in groups
-Never trust anyone, but don't kill everyone
-Stay away from yawpton, as it is usually a hotspot for bandits. (people who kill others for supplies)
-Get rei's minimap. I use it along with optifine
-NEVER SPRINT JUMP! If you do this for even 2 seconds, about 10 zombies will swarm you
-Never climb mountains with little food
I will be replying to this thread if people have questions, and to just contribute to the conversations.

By the way I go on us12

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
When I play MineZ, I play things with a little more risk.

I never start my game in the same way. It all depends on where I spawn. Usually, I head toward I southern town, but if the town is occupied and full of murder, I just don't go in.

I usually end up dying of hunger, though. If not hunger, then bandit. I end up having tons of food, tons of water, or tons of health potions.

I also have the tendency to go for bandits. You see that person there, that is running away? He could be a bandit, he could be a normal bystander. I'll either attempt to save him, or wait for his inevitable end. If he survives in time, I kill the bandit. I make sure he's safe to trust, but I gather as many items as I can, then I gtfo. On the other hand, if he dies, I still go after the bandit. Because, most likely, he'll be busy in his inventory, unless he's actually smart. Then, in the end, I have tons of items.

After killing a bandit or two, and by bandit, I really mean people I see murder others without the intent of self defense, I end up either going after more bandits, or to the north to Devil's Castle.

When at Devil's Castle, I attempt to get enchanted gear, and iron armor. If I do, I either head back south to kill more bandits, or I attempt to head north. I still have never went to Al Hasa, and I don't plan on getting the coords to the place without finding it ingame, myself.

But, really, I never fuss about dying, unless it's by hackers. Mainly because I'm the type to kill people who I feel are evil... You see, I have iPixeli's Female Gender Mod, and with that mod, there is a child option. When I get killed by someone, I add them to the child list, therefor, when I see someone shorter than everyone else, they're KoS. ;)

I haven't played MineZ in a while, but I've still yet played the role of a bandit. I could never do that, because I'm too kindhearted, and I always think of how much time they spent to get all of their stuff.

But I will eventually get to being a bandit, one day. >:3

Edit : As for tips, I have several.

1. If you have time, the best time to scout is when you have no items on you, basically when you just spawn in. Your best bet is to travel the area, in search of safe spots and hot spots.
  2. The best time to drink water is when it warns you for the last time, as your thirst travels from 2, to 1. You save the most with this, without causing any damage. But, if you feel you won't be able to see it in time, I would go with 3.
  3. Bandits, although they look powerful in chain and iron armor, can actually be quite easy to kill at times, depending on the situation. If they travel alone, you can use that to you advantage. If you see them chasing after someone else, that would be the best time to strike. Chase after him, especially if you're in the desert. By the time he either kills his prey, or starts attacking him, he'll be too distracted to notice you right behind him, in which you can kill him in the end.
  4. Food and potions may be scarce, but having too much of one, and little of the other, can be a very bad problem. If you have plenty of potions, you'll end up starving, using up all of your potions, and probably never finding food... Depending on your location. If you have tons of food, you'll never recover your HP, unless you starve yourself enough to eat some cookies and melons. Be sure to balance the two.
  5. Snowballs are not useless. Even if you have no zombies around you. They are the most useful to use against bandits, for multiple cases. First, if you have a bandit chasing after you, throw a snowball at him. The knockback will stop him from running, and you can continue to run away, giving yourself more distance. If there are zombies nearby, throw a snowball at the bandit. If none of the zombies are occupied with anyone else, they will instantly go after the bandit, if they are 15 blocks of distance from him, and almost completely ignore you. You can also use the snowballs as a distraction, if there are tons of zombies in an area. Throw it a little to the side, in which all the zombies will go toward the location you threw it to, and you may have enough space to slide past them.
  6. Don't stock up on tons of arrows, weapons, and armor. Only take what you need, as having all that stuff on you can get you killed in the long run. Having a good amount of food, water, and potions in place of those equipment would help you in the long run, compared to the equipment just sitting in your inventory.
  7. The element of surprise is your greatest weapon. If you see someone who is definitely a threat to you, and you can land a blow on them without anyone going crazy, your best bet is to take them out. Attack them, surprise them, before they can do the same to you.
  8. Remember who you meet. If you find people who want you dead, you'll want to remember that for the next time you attempt to trust people. Don't trust people who you can't trust.
  9. Don't spend too much time in one place. Or, at least, don't notify everyone of the place you're at. Bandits love to attack people who have spent their time grinding for gear, because it helps them with the fact they don't have to do the waiting.
  10. If you have golden apples, don't wait until a golden opportunity to use it. If you do that, you'll probably just die with it in the end.
  11. Splash potions are your friends. They are much quicker than regular potions, and can damage zombies within the throwing vicinity.
  12. Trust your friends. And by this, I mean the people you know outside of MineZ. They're probably the only people you can really trust in this world.
  13. Don't complain. It doesn't take long to get started again, and there are 12 servers. If you're pissed at someone, either go stalk them and murder them in their sleep, or walk away from that server and go onto another one.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
One of my favorite times in MineZ was when I walked into a small town (with starter gear) and there was one person with full iron there. He kept on charging his bow at me but then blocking. He seemed to avoid me. Eventually, I ran after him and killed him with one hit with my wooden sword. Apparently he only had about 1 heart.

Another great tip: Use shears to detect people's health. If you don't trust them, check their health with shears. If they are low, start bandaging them, then switch to a sword in the middle of it

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Another great tip: Use shears to detect people's health. If you don't trust them, check their health with shears. If they are low, start bandaging them, then switch to a sword in the middle of it
That is evil and bastardly, and you should be treated like a bandit. :c

I only kill those who want me dead, and if they go to me and look like they want to heal me, I used to let them heal me.

But then I had one person who took their shear out, and waved it at me. I stopped, he came up to me, left clicked me a couple times with shears, left clicked me with a bandage, then murdered me on the spot.

This is why I can't trust anyone on MineZ, and would rather walk away slowly, and awkwardly, than let people heal me.

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
The only server I have actually killed other players in. I never initiate combat, yet I kill more attackers than I die to, which is silly.

• Winner
Reactions: Duffie

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
At first, I was a complete bandit. Stabbed in backs and such. Killed all I saw.

Now, I'm a medic. :3 It really helps keep bandits off, as everyone likes someone who will heal them. If anything, they can team with a medic.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
...Must...ressiiissssttttttt!
Why? ArmA 2 (the game which DayZ is based off) isn't remotely like Call of Duty. Their only similarities is that there are guns. Stop treating every FPS like Call of Duty because frankly I'm growing sick of it and I'm sure many others are too.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
I decided I give this a try and as soon as I spawned in the real world I got killed by another player. Maybe it's a hint that I should be doing something else other than playing ;)

EDIT:
Had better luck the second time. Currently in Ridgevale I think. Didn't see the sign that well. Zombies everywhere but ya... still doing better ;)

EDIT2:
Spoke too soon. Logged back in and found a couple people where I was. Wasn't going to attack them but they didn't care. Here we go again...

EDIT3:
Found this one house but there were a couple of people at it. I tried to pass by without being noticed but that failed. They acted as if they were going to be friendly so I proceeded. I look back to find them about to attack me and start to fight. 2 vs 1 is never good but luckily some zombies came and killed both of them. I then retreated inside the house and attacked the zombies and lived. Then another player came and killed me...

EDIT4:
Found some stone swords, a chain helmet, chain boots, and a bow with power I. Only problem is that I have no food nor bandages.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I log in, usually in the desert.
See a person, try to confront them and be nice.
END UP BEING KILLED BY THEM (Except this one nice guy, but then someone killed us both x3)
My MineZ story :p

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
I've tried it before, it's pretty fun. I've been on less, as it's gotten a little boring for me, but odds are I'll be on US4 if I go on.

Grimdale is okay for me, but I never find any loot, I lag to much there, and always end up getting killed by some random bandit dude who comes along (who I would assume is soon killed by the others), zombies, or people outside when a few others and I decide to head north.

My two favorite places to go are Bazel and Portsmouth. Portsmouth is generally pretty peaceful, and if you can get the chests in the church you can get tons of healing potions, and Bazel is usually pretty deserted, and it has some good loot, but I only go there if I spawn within about 1k blocks from it.

I usually try to be peaceful when I play. I'll (attempt to) kill if someone attacks me first or they look like they're going to attack me, or if they're attacking someone else. If I see someone being murdered by zombies or a bandit then I'll jump in and attempt to save them, which is actually successful sometimes. Once I get healer stuff and a few other trustworthy people, I'm good to go, but something always seems to go wrong- zombies, a group of bandits, server restart and no one comes back, etc.

The farthest I've ever gotten was some town in the north past Yawpton. I went there from either Grimdale or somewhere in the desert with a few other people. We hung at Yawpton a while to get some loot, and a few new people, then went out. Except one person lagged out, and we waited a bit for them and they didn't come back. When we got to the snow, one or two more people kinda disappeared and we couldn't find them. But me and the other guy left made it, and we got a bit of loot, and were then shortly killed by a bandit there.

Also, if you happen to go past someone while traveling, greet each other, but the other person keeps walking towards you shifting and/or blocking, odds are they're going to attack you. Or, if someone sees you from a distance and starts running right at you, they'll probably be wanting to kill you, too. A lot of these people generally seem to be newly spawned, like I am when I run into them. And quite honestly, I don't see the point of killing people who pretty much just spawned, all you're going to get is another piece of armor to repair yours, which could be done extremely easily at a town or fort, and another water bottle, which, if you're still near the coast and just starting, you don't even need.

Also also, has anyone here accidentally killed someone? I did that in one of my first times. I found this guy and we decided to team, but we stayed up in one of those big trees during the night. When day came, he tried to get down, but there were some zombies at the bottom. He tried to go down anyway, but zombies managed to get up. I was trying to hit the zombies, but instead I hit him and killed him.

And incredibly long post is incredibly long, woo =u=b

• Winner
Reactions: DarthLego5679

Sploorky

Reaction score
I honestly just join the server and try to roleplay xD.

When I'm not screwing around on the server, I don't really aim to go North. I kind of try to form a gang of players. One time, we made a small town in Portsmouth, with different roles and jobs. Fun, unique situations like that are my favorite part of the game.

Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
My inventory after a trip to Romero:
Found a couple of buttons in one of the buildings and went through the iron doors in the sewers and got some loot. Now I'm just trying to survive. I only have a couple of hearts left.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Decided to try again and ended up being spawned near Camp Bell. I saw a guy with chain armor and a stone sword but did not approach since I knew I had a slim chance of beating. He goes into a building near Camp Bell and I go into the building next to it. There is then a death message saying he died from a zombie. I was then attacked by zombies but I had the advantage being higher up than them. Got his stuff and went to the building he was in and found an enchanted iron sword in the chest ;)

Now I just have to survive...

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Darnit, had a successful raid at some village, with tons of food, 3 grenades full iron with iron leggings, iron sword at green, enchanted bows with about a stack of arrows. Some guy with full iron came, snowball behind me, hits me, while bandaging myself he fires tons of grenades at me.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I died x3.

rosekill

Reaction score
Me and my freind crossed the map 3 times in one run we got full iron and i got a dia sword :D from a gaint. then when were in the colleseum with 15 other ppl i accidentally threw a grenade and killed all of us. (note: NEVER throw grenades when your below 3 hearts.)