marcelinescavern

ABDJT

Reaction score
Name of map : marcelinescavern
Creator(s) : ABDJT, DarkHender.
Dimensions : 128*3
Round Time : 10 minutes
Diggable depth of the map :Only visible layer.
Physics : Off.
Which server did you build your map on? : TheWorldEndsWithAWhimper
Number of secrets : 1, as it is Marcelines house.
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?7duxz9o0v7avjan
Description of map. : Adventure time ;D
Screenshots of map : http://imgur.com/a/Ub20W#0

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
( JayApple )
Anyway, I'm totally obsessed with AT. Is Marceline's cave house even in the map? I can see the tree house but no screenshots of a cave. As for game play, it might end up being like the dog/unicorn war-time slaughter, with humans finding issues surviving.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
The visual appeal of the map is nice but I honestly don't like it.I guess that the map just feels very very empty to me. Like Reyvn said, try to add in a cave that could be better for this map.

ABDJT

Reaction score
( JayApple )
Anyway, I'm totally obsessed with AT. Is Marceline's cave house even in the map? I can see the tree house but no screenshots of a cave. As for game play, it might end up being like the dog/unicorn war-time slaughter, with humans finding issues surviving.
The cave does exist. I'll try to add pictures later on. As for it being empty, Dark and I will work on that^

• Love
Reactions: ReyvnNova

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I'm sorry, whereas the map looks pretty nice I'm gonna have to decline it for now. It has too many things that are toxic to the gameplay (3 secrets and gigantic jumping courses). With a few edits to the secrets and jumping courses, preferably removed and replaced with something else, it would be a very neat map. It shouldn't take too much to edit those things, but in this state I can't really add it. I have warned about using things like secrets and jumping courses often.

ABDJT

Reaction score
We added some more things, and changed stuff around, and I updated the pictures ^_^

D

DarkHender

Please tell us if we should add anything more :3 I LOVE THE BMO. ITS SO CUTE. <3 I created him.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I'm still not exactly warming up to the map, even with the changes.
Because I'm definitely not especially a fan or know anything about the Adventure Time, I'm not entirely certain what you were going for with this map, and so I most likely may be wrong about certain aspects of the map.

One thing I can say about the map is that the Pixel-Art based on the characters are gorgeous and the design on them are fantastic, and I'm certain you put a lot of time and care into making them. However, pixel-art structures don't make a map, and sometimes, even take away from it in certain cases. If they are reachable, I can see these characters easily griefed, making humans in certain circumstances unreachable, though that is only a speculation.

Even with the inclusion of extra objects and buildings, the map does not have very much going for it, and seems a bit jumbled and messy. I don't see many unique or interesting places humans could hide at, in, or beside, even with the large-size of the map. I also fear, though I doubt this will happen, though that once the secret is uncovered, it would become one of the few places people actually hide inside on the map, due to its convenience and lack of other hidings spots.

Again, this may all just be based off of my lack of knowledge on the show, and possibly my bias and feelings toward the show in total, but I don't see good game-play on this map in its current form.
Perhaps a complete re-creation of the map may be in order to improve it, but that, is only my opinion.
Good job anyways.

D

DarkHender

I told ABDJT we should add more, but we're not sure what to add really... Any ideas..? There isn't room for anything big now..

ABDJT

Reaction score
Sorry, Haven't really had much time to work on it any more, I'll try to get on to add a sun, and maybe a couple more clouds within the next day or two.