Maps not Resetting?

Guinessis

Reaction score
I've noticed more and more complaints about maps not resetting properly (empty chests, etc) in between rounds. I know that this will happen occasionally when the server restarts, but I'm getting the impression that something else is going wrong.

Please post here and tell us your experience with maps not resetting, how often it happens, and if certain maps are the culprit (maps never resetting, possibly due to the original file being overwritten etc).

Thanks! Always let me know if you have any concerns or questions about the server or players - don't assume I already know about the problems. Forums are the best way to contact me.

(also, I'm back. Life is still very very busy, but I will help out as much as possible.)

Maps with Reset Issue:

Artwood (never resets)
Divided (never resets)

Other maps also appear to not reset, but it may be mostly random. After round ends, occasionally teleporting back to the previous map will show that changes were not reset. Do maps reset before playing or after?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Explosive arena I have seen twice not reset.
Canopy a lot
Others, will edit them in as they come to mind.
Are you sayign they Never resets or they sometimes reset? Im not sure, but i think that thoose who didnt reset ince did that becaus of a restart, though i suspect a bug that makes maps dont reset sometimes.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Things learned so far:

Seems to be random.

Some chests are resetting, others are not.

The maps may be resetting correctly, but the original files may have been overwritten inadvertently. This would result in the seemingly random resets with some chests repopulating and others remaining empty.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Things learned so far:

Seems to be random.

Some chests are resetting, others are not.

The maps may be resetting correctly, but the original files may have been overwritten inadvertently. This would result in the seemingly random resets with some chests repopulating and others remaining empty.
The way MV-Adv works it would never overwrite original files. LISTINGS09 can shed light on this. I remember that we changed a config setting a while back due to a bad crash error, but not sure if it changed all this.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Is it just chests not being refilled or the level struct not being rebuilt? If it's just chests MVA or bukkit is probably storing that chest ID and messing things up (just a guess), can't think of anything else that would possibly affect it.

1.3 (err.) has been nothing but problems .-.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok the only map that NEVER resets is artwood. (Almost) all other maps have single events, sometimes some chests dont reset, this seems to happend random, when the map dont reset the server restarted or crashed. If you are going to count maps with chests that sometimes dont resets i can start making a list, but it will be very, very long.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but after a round in Artwood ended I teleported back to the map - all of the changes from the previous round were still in place. When are the resets supposed to occur?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but after a round in Artwood ended I teleported back to the map - all of the changes from the previous round were still in place. When are the resets supposed to occur?
From what I understand, the map needs to take a few rounds to reset. Once I tried putting a map on that was on a round ago as everyone wanted it, but it still didn't reset. Baker93 told me as well when a map (Desert) hadn't reset so I tried to put it back on the same map.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Is 'keepSpawnInMemory' set on these worlds (in MVC)? Also try looking in the MVA debug log to see if there are any errors.

You'd need to establish first if it's trying to reset the worlds and failing, or if it's not resetting the world after the specified time. Force a map to play with the worlds that routinely fail and watch the logs carefully?

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Seems to be running the resets fine.

Artwood and Divided have keepspawninmemory set as true, but a few other maps, such as CloseQuarters do as well, which we apparently don't have the same problems with.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Seems to be running the resets fine.

Artwood and Divided have keepspawninmemory set as true, but a few other maps, such as CloseQuarters do as well, which we apparently don't have the same problems with.
CloseQuarters has definitely had reset issues, but I haven't heard quite as many reports on it. Perhaps it doesn't pop up in the rotation as often.