Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score

Name of the map: Underworld
Creator(s): xgen96 and rawrmynameisrex
Size: Playable Area: 75x50x64 Overall Size: 122x98x65
Biome:Nether
Screenshots, including timer areas: http://imgur.com/a/dzCVX
If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): No
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Yes
Stone Brick Stairs - #109
Nether Brick Stairs - # 114
Any extra information about your map?: This is a boundary map. The bedrock walls separate the playable area and outer area. Xgen96 came up with the idea of an overworld/underworld map and this is how I interpreted it. He helped with the details and took out a bit of my superfluous terraforming.
The top and bottom areas of the map are separated with bedrock so that players can't just dig from the top and into the nether area. The top area consists of gravel and stone layers-- but I added the trees so that players can have extra building material. The nether has glowstone and a some soul sand. And there is bedrock placed around the lava river in the playable area, but not in the boundary areas.

The nether area has two separate boundary sections with falling lava. I like the aesthetics of the falling lava, but I was told that having them isn't possible for RoF? Sephhh said that surrounding the lava falls with Block 36 might help, but I didn't apply them yet because I was wondering if there was a workaround to keeping the lava.

Buildbox Warp: This is in my map plot (/warp rawr) -- Use the Night Vision potion if you need help with seeing stuff in there.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
We talked briefly on BB. I do think you're limiting yourself building a map when 1.7 is so close. With this new update, you'd be able to do a ton with new trees and flowers, seeing as tree variation in a notable aspect of this map. I think you'd have more tools available if you waited to submit this under 1.7, but I understand there's no exact time frame for our servers to update. This is a nicely varied, creative map that would fit nicely within our rotation!

H

Harold1995

The idea is nice and it worked out wel tho i am not sure about the top of the map
Kinda looks empty to me, Iknow it's suppose to be empty but still not sure about it xD

crafter

Reaction score
It looks kinda dull, but that's the point of the map :p I feel like a structure, even a little noob hut, would add greatly to this map.

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Great idea for a map, but the map looks really bald with all of the grey blocks; gravel and stone covering most of the visual range. I like the underground part, but yes, we rather not have lava already in the maps, but this is like the hell themed map Tenebrae, so it might work-out.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I'll definitely add the other trees once 1.7 rolls around into Buildbox. And yes, I know that the map seems a bit empty, but... gravel. Gravel seems to give me "builders block". I'll see if I can add anything special into this map.
Also, I forgot to say this, but there is bedrock under the lava river in the playable area, but not in the outer boundary areas.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.