TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name: Tropicania

Size: 91 x 81
Creator: theWeakGuy48
Biome: Desert(because it looks very good with matching the grass and lanters)
No-drop blocks: BrownMushroom and RedMushroom
Information: There will spawn mobs everywhere (without near the jack'o lanters) at this map. So if are foraxample getting food or wood they will go down because there isnt many mobs there and thats where they get food and wood. But after a while the lavva comes and they will have to go up/in in the mountain. I want the buildlimmit to be at y: 241.
You can find my map at /warp rofmap in skylands (/mvtp skylands)

Screenies:

Here you can see the map

As you see there is 2 diffrent biomes, the above is Desert and the under is Plains. But the map will only have Desert as biome.

At this picture you can see the spawn

Here is the scary and dangeraus cave, be carefull.

The first one will realase at 3 mins

This will realase after 7 mins

This timer will realase after 11 mins

Here its 2 timers, the lowest will realase after 16 mins and the highest after 22 mins

this will realase after 25 mins

And the last timer will realase at 30 mins

Because this is my first RoF map there can be something that I dont know. Please say if I have done something wrong/forgot something in this thread.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Well, this isn't necessarily a bad map. It looks pretty good on resources, I like what you've done with the trees. It kind of reminds me of Autumn and Halloween with all the pumpkins and the biome you've put it in. My only quip is the mushrooms. They look very nice, but it'd make food gathering way too easy if we had a map chock-full of mushrooms. If we toned them down a bit, or if we made mushrooms no-break, I'd be totally in favor of this map joining the rotation. Perhaps it'd also help if you plonked a few trees down here and there, but I don't think you absolutely have to.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But..
They look very nice, but it'd make food gathering way too easy if we had a map chock-full of mushrooms. If we toned them down a bit, or if we made mushrooms no-break, I'd be totally in favor of this map joining the rotation.
what.. what... But I put it on no drop

If I put it on no break, isnt it just to destroy the grassblock under it and it will drop

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
But..
They look very nice, but it'd make food gathering way too easy if we had a map chock-full of mushrooms. If we toned them down a bit, or if we made mushrooms no-break, I'd be totally in favor of this map joining the rotation.
what.. what... But I put it on no drop

If I put it on no break, isnt it just to destroy the grassblock under it and it will drop
Ah cripes, I totally missed that. My bad on that.

W

Wimali

I'd personally feel like it should just be no-drop, no-break blocks are a really, really terrible idea for any maps in my opinion, unless necessary. I like the map, by the way.

My only concern is the build limit of the map. y 243. Now that's a huge amount of air the lava has to cover, which could potentially also cause a huge amount of lag.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ok I will fix that
EDIT: Now its fixed. The buildlimmit is at y:241 and the highest timer is like 7 lower blocks down than it was

EDIT AGAIN: is this ok, the last timer is at the high 242 and the buildlimmit at 241

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I'll make a post once I have Access to my computer. This map looks nice though.

Edit: Okay here it is.

So while this map does look appealing there are some aspects of it that I don't quite like. One of those aspects is that there is a lot of long grass. Think about what you would see in a normal generated map. There isn't really long grass filling everything. The reason I don't like this is that it overall looks a bit harsh. However, there is an easy way to fix this. That way is by using the following command. (Somebody if I am wrong in this command correct me then).

//replace 31 75%air,25%gravel

This will make a percentage change of long grass to air and gravel respectively. Yes, now you will see gravel everywhere and that can also be fixed easily. First what you need to do is place a long grass down where you want to and then use the following command.

/repl 1

This will activate the replace tool which works like the paint tool on classic. So now what you need to do is left click the long grass to turn your replace tool into the long grass. Now go about and right click on all the gravel you see to turn it into long grass.

So that's it for that specific issue. Now directing to what everybody was saying about the build height. Don't worry about where you have that it is a fine spot and easy enough to work with. What bram said though about there being a large amount of air for the lava to cover is a very valid point. As you may have noticed when there are large lava waves it causes the server to lag a bit. There is an easy solution for that though, you could always place multiple timers in the spots.

Once you have fixed up those points I would be glad to see this in rotation.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'll make a post once I have Access to my computer. This map looks nice though.

Edit: Okay here it is.

So while this map does look appealing there are some aspects of it that I don't quite like. One of those aspects is that there is a lot of long grass. Think about what you would see in a normal generated map. There isn't really long grass filling everything. The reason I don't like this is that it overall looks a bit harsh. However, there is an easy way to fix this. That way is by using the following command. (Somebody if I am wrong in this command correct me then).

//replace 31 75%air,25%gravel

This will make a percentage change of long grass to air and gravel respectively. Yes, now you will see gravel everywhere and that can also be fixed easily. First what you need to do is place a long grass down where you want to and then use the following command.

/repl 1

This will activate the replace tool which works like the paint tool on classic. So now what you need to do is left click the long grass to turn your replace tool into the long grass. Now go about and right click on all the gravel you see to turn it into long grass.

So that's it for that specific issue. Now directing to what everybody was saying about the build height. Don't worry about where you have that it is a fine spot and easy enough to work with. What bram said though about there being a large amount of air for the lava to cover is a very valid point. As you may have noticed when there are large lava waves it causes the server to lag a bit. There is an easy solution for that though, you could always place multiple timers in the spots.

Once you have fixed up those points I would be glad to see this in rotation.
But surely not all maps are supposed to appear generated?
:p

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Reminds me of Hikari. Talked to you about this map today. If the mountain's only going to be that high, I'd maybe go with faster timers and have a higher pressure map than normal. It'd be a nice shallow mountain map though, which I don't think I've seen a while.

D

DarkHender

I'm neither for nor against this map going into the rotation.

iMilan

Reaction score
I love the trees. But I think there are a lot of maps like this already.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
I think most people are confused on the height limit. He's not talking about if the map was at y=0 but rather from where it was built from in skylands, which starts at y=186. So really the map is only around 60 blocks high and it shouldn't cause any lag.

Apart from that, I love the warmth the map has of autumn. Although I'm going to have to stay neutral with this map with a 0 . The maps is great, but at the same time it is a solely terrain map. There is not much to explore with this map. I would not mind seeing it in a trial rotation and see the response. Some things you could add is more caves that maybe lead to a dungeon or something, maybe a nether region-- as this map does remind me of Halloween which those two things can work with it. As iMilan said there are a lot of maps like this, as in stone and grass terrain maps. Try and add something that sets your map apart from the rest of the stone/grass ones, then you'll have my +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.