Map Trials

Reaction score
Today there was an incident which included roughly %80 of the players lagging out or dying, this lag issue I beleive was caused by the map not being suitable for the angry mood. So I came up with an idea that I believe could help prevent these issues again. I think that like a staff, maps should be trialed on all the moods and if incapable to sustain the pressure of the mood the map should be unqualified to be played in that mood. I also asked players online what they thought about it they liked it.

Just an idea I thought may help.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I agree with Mario, and this should be widened to all submitted maps if possible. This will also gauge the feed back given by players which the mapmaker can use.

The frequency of testing should be every 2 hours in a rotation of submitted maps. If the map gets any negative incidents like lag for all players, the submitted map which is being tested in that problemic round should be withdrawn until the problem can be fixed or if it's not repairable, the submitted map should be denied.

The testing of maps should have separate inventories to stop any exploits if any.

This should hopefully stop the sentence that you see in map applications "This might lag the server.".

Post Script: The mood of the round should also be in rotation so the submitted map can be tested with all moods.

Last edited: