[Map] The Pit by MTX1996

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTX1996

Reaction score
Name of the map? The Pit
Creator(s) MTX1996
Size Width, height and length is 128 blocks.
Biome Plains
Screenshots, including timer areas.
The lower area of the pit.

Sure is a long fall...

Outside of the pit.

The spawn location.

Now, the timer locations...there are about 9 timers on the map (4 of which are at the same Y axis, they just flood each corner of the map.)

The 1st timer location.

The 2nd timer location.

The 3rd timer location.

The 4th timer location.

The 5th timer location.

The 6th & final timers (there is one timer in each corner of the map.)

Also, pink sheepeh!

If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them.
There are many chests hidden around the map, but they contain only basic ites (such as string, wheat, seeds, cobble, planks, etc.)

In the graveyard, there will also be chests buried in the graves. Once again, they contain basic items such as eggs, rotten potatoes, grass & seeds. None of them contain any over-powered items.

Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?
I don't think so.

Any extra information about your map?

The bottom of the lava pit leads into the void. That's pretty much it.

Download link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/dx4rfldbcb73m5h/RoF+-+The+Pit.zip

W

Wimali

Had a look at this earlier and although it's a "grass map" I really feel like it would be a great addition to RoF. Would personally love to see it get added!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I like how there are many places to explore on this map, especially the sleeping quarters and farm area within the pit. A few suggestions though -- I think that the map could use the new trees such as the dark oak on the top section instead of the birch/oak that you placed. Also, the stone walls in the pit look flat and boring -- perhaps add a bit of cobblestone/mossycobble/stonebrick to the mix of stone give some sort of interest to it.
Maybe add a bit of parkour within the pit as well?

Reaction score
I like this map, but I agree with rex: I think that this map needs some dark oak trees, as there are not many maps with these trees in RoF

Yay for the pink sheep \o/

Last edited:

MTX1996

Reaction score
I like how there are many places to explore on this map, especially the sleeping quarters and farm area within the pit. A few suggestions though -- I think that the map could use the new trees such as the dark oak on the top section instead of the birch/oak that you placed. Also, the stone walls in the pit look flat and boring -- perhaps add a bit of cobblestone/mossycobble/stonebrick to the mix of stone give some sort of interest to it.
Maybe add a bit of parkour within the pit as well?
I was going to add some parkour to the map, but I was going to leave that for the next map I plan on making. I could probably modify the walls a little to make the map look a little more interesting, so if I decide to update the map in the future, maybe i'll consider using your suggestion!

Also, thank you everyone for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
It does look like a fun map to play! :D The pit is faintly remiscent of the map Cavern, but that doesn't detract from its maply charm XD Like rawr said, it probably would look a bit more interesting with different stone blocks and trees... And don't forget flowers! :D It gets a little tiring only seeing poppies and dandelions. Maybe you could change the types of flowers?

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
It's different to what I've seen before, I like that.

One thing that I don't like, though, would be the bottom of the map (apart from the lava. You'd die from that anyway unless invincibility/fire res.) is stone and bedrock. I'd prefer it to be just straight bedrock, though that may be just me.

I'd like to see it in the rotation :)

D

DarkHender

I really like the idea of this, it's a lot different from the grass maps we have right now, it sort of reminds me of a old zombie map. :)
Awesome!

MTX1996

Reaction score
+ Completely re-did the underground village.
x Changed the visual looks in some of the buildings (church, jail, and village.)
- Removed the lava pit at the bottom, replaced with bedrock stalagmites.
+ Added an Ender Chest to the jail, enchantment table to the library, and jukebox to one of the houses.
+ Added dark oak trees to the top of map (as well as multiple flower types.)
x Modified names in graveyard (one side contains my friends, the other side contains my favorite internet peeps.)
x Modified the pit slightly (I was going to change some of the walls to mossy cobble, but it just looked weird.)
+ Added a bedrock platform to spawn, as well as made the pillars a little thicker.

----------THE NEW VILLAGE----------

THE ENDER CHEST AND ENCHANTMENT TABLE SHALL BE GIVEN NO-DROP

DOWNLOAD LINK - The Pit v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.