Reaction score
Name of map:
Town_Objective.

Author:
Shinyshark.
Size:
144x144

Map boundary:
There's no boundary needed, The void stops people and they can't get out anyway.

Kits:
  • Survivor: Two bread and a Wooden sword.
  • Hunters: A stone sword.
Random or choose kits?:
Random (For as far as that is possible with two kits)

Screenshots:

Notes:

This is the first attempt at a map with an objective for as far as I know.

Building time is 20 seconds.
Objectives
  • Activate the generator to open the gate.
  • Find something to get over the debris.Break open the bank.
  • Gather supplies for eventual fights.
  • Break open the bunker.
  • Survive the unslaught!
This goes for both Humans and Zombies!

Breakable blocks...
  • Redstone_ore.
  • Redstone_torch.
Placeable blocks...
  • Planks.
  • Vines.
  • Redstone_torch.
Download link :
/boxel shinyshark

• Useful
Reactions: chris360kss

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
But what IS the objective...
To survive most likely, just a question, did you make this today? as I saw you building it earlier and there was like.. nothing there.. uhm, is there enough chests for the survivors due to them only having 1 kit? It'd be kinda unfair if there wasn't enough swords or defensive weapons for survivors when they can't punch Hunters, yet they spawn with swords. :L

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
This is from Zombie Panic Source, isn't it Shiny? (Roughly, sense the things are out of order, and some are named differently)
If it is, and is built in that sense, I think it could be a very interesting map, especially with the unique objectives put in place. (Although, you're going to need some incentive to get the zombies to move from objective to objective, or they will to just sit in the first room and fight, more or less)

Lastly, is this unfinished then? From what you responded to Numberplay with, it sounds like it's not done yet, and that you hopefully plan to add more.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
This is from Zombie Panic Source, isn't it Shiny? (Roughly, sense the things are out of order, and some are named differently)
If it is, and is built in that sense, I think it could be a very interesting map, especially with the unique objectives put in place. (Although, you're going to need some incentive to get the zombies to move from objective to objective, or they will to just sit in the first room and fight, more or less)

Lastly, is this unfinished then? From what you responded to Numberplay with, it sounds like it's not done yet, and that you hopefully plan to add more.
I got lazy at first and wanted to post this but I am still working on it.
Don't worry, I am continuing this; Maybe lock this for the time being?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I got lazy at first and wanted to post this but I am still working on it.
Don't worry, I am continuing this; Maybe lock this for the time being?
You'd most likely have to withdraw it incase it gets denied, so you don't have to re-submit in 2 weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: Shinyshark

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
From the screenshots,
The aesthetics don't sit well with me, the exterior of the buildings really clashes, especially with the roof designs; also, the trees look pretty awkward.
From the interior pictures, I really can't see much. Are they the interiors of the buildings? They look rather small, if so.

I'll check your Boxel, but I think this is the first 0/-1 from me.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
From the screenshots,
The aesthetics don't sit well with me, the exterior of the buildings really clashes, especially with the roof designs; also, the trees look pretty awkward.
From the interior pictures, I really can't see much. Are they the interiors of the buildings? They look rather small, if so.

I agree, The trees look silly from above to but that's the overgrown part where you can not go. The houses aren't all accesible and some of them function as 'walls'. I'm not the best at designing buildings but I did try.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
From the screenshots,

As he said to me yesterday, he's trying to aim the map towards gameplay and not what it looks like; the map, in my opinion is fine.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I have a revised opinion, Shiny brought me through the map and showed me that sometimes screenshots aren't everything.
The maps mechanics are clever at worst, and my initial worry about space has been in vain considering the open-ness of the city streets and the fact that only objective buildings are that small. You don't stay in objective buildings for long. Also, one or two have some more floors, increasing the size. The trees really don't look that bad from a ground view; same with the buildings. The objectives take long enough that you probably wouldn't run out of time and have to fight at the end with 3-6 minutes left. There are also side objectives to keep Hunters and Survivors thinking and going for the gold, so to speak. ;)
+1 from me.

However, the map has one spot that where you have to break something, very far into the map, (Build time and what not) Shiny is fixing this and it should only take a few minutes from what I can tell.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
I just noticed a flaw.

They can place these to get out of the map.
I know that too, They can use the planks and vines to get out, but I can't really stop them unless I take away the planks and leave only one vine making it impossible to do the objective.

Otherwise the baricades will go, but I can't remove the vines.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I know that too, They can use the planks and vines to get out, but I can't really stop them unless I take away the planks and leave only one vine making it impossible to do the objective.

Otherwise the baricades will go, but I can't remove the vines.
Make the barricades thicker, I.E 3 barricades with a 3 block gap or something.

• Agree
Reactions: Shinyshark
Status
Not open for further replies.