Iggish

Reaction score
Map name: Snowfight
Map author: iggy234_2001
Game Type: Capture The Flag
Map World Border: it's outlined in my plot, everything that's not void = map
Download: /warp snowfight (in create)
Round time: 480 seconds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Names of Teams: Red and Blue
Spawn Location: Both teams have identical spawns inside their snowman's head. The exact spawn is indicated by the wool block the colour of each team respectively. When players spawn, I would like them to face outwards, towards the ladder
Flag Location: In the belly of the teams' snowmen. Looks like a flag,
Fall Dmg: no
Can Drown: no, but there's no water anyway. Only ice... lots of ice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: the packed ice is the same as the other ctf maps. the jump pads at ground level should get you over to the other team's half but not by too much. The jumps pads on the hats of the snowmen should boost you to the edge of Santa's Sleigh where there is a glass pane missing.

Screenshots: (Idk how to post screenshots :()

Thanks for reading, Iggy ;)

p.s. there are chests on the sleigh, I've never seen chests on a CTF map before but I would like them and their contents to be included.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I think the spawns are a problem. It's very easy to respawn and keep defending the flag and also easy to spawnkill, especially when people want to climb the ladder. I think there would be a lot of complaints about that. I personally think the spawn needs to be moved before the map can be approved. I think it's too easy to get to the enemy flag by running through the middle, perhaps only have the jump pads on the sides?
Also the speedy ice may be a problem because people could get stuck in those stair corners.

For the rest I think it's a really great looking map, both thematically and playstyle wise. If those issues gets fixed it's a very big +1 from me.

Edit; +1

Last edited:

Iggish

Reaction score
I think the spawns are a problem. It's very easy to respawn and keep defending the flag and also easy to spawnkill, especially when people want to climb the ladder. I think there would be a lot of complaints about that. I personally think the spawn needs to be moved before the map can be approved. I think it's too easy to get to the enemy flag by running through the middle, perhaps only have the jump pads on the sides?
Also the speedy ice may be a problem because people could get stuck in those stair corners.

For the rest I think it's a really great looking map, both thematically and playstyle wise. If those issues gets fixed it's a very big +1 from me.
Thanks for feedback! changes made ;)

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi Iggy, thanks for this map submission

After looking through the map I can't really find any more problems then others called before me and you fixed those so I can only give you a big +1 !

• Thank You
Reactions: Iggish

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Iggy, thanks for your submission!

I've been swamped with projects and other work. Sorry for being so late.

I'm going to go with a +1. From what everyone is saying the map seems balanced, and I've not had a chance to view the map in game, so I'll go with the best judgement for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.