Mevgin

Reaction score
Name of map : Ducks
Creator(s) : hockeymatt79,Txboy1234,Forseti,James81818 and Mevgin
Dimensions : 128x128x128
RoundTime : 10 minute standard
Diggable depth of the map : 0
Physics : (off) standard
Which server did you build your map on? : Hockeyfan's Map Factory/All Welcome [NL] 24/7 Freebuild
Number of secrets : 2
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?alnlhoihlaa3haj
Description of map. : Running and Hiding map with Ducks. ♥
Screenshots of map :http://imgur.com/a/sZwLP/all#0

Ducks forever! ♥

EDIT: New .lvl file, now 128*3 map, new server and new Screenshots :) Can someone please delete the other thread?

EDIT #2: new .lvl file, with right spawn and some changes. Please add this to the rotaion, the map in the rotaion has a wrong spawn :/

EDIT #3: Sorry, wrong file D:

Reactions: Vrgin

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
First off, I will eternally slaughter those ducks. They are evil, and must be purged from all existence with fire and the plague. Death to all duck-kind!...
------
Anyways... Is there anything actually changed in the map since the previous submission? From the pictures it does not appear different, (despite most likely the map size-change), and change it looks like it still needs. Despite it being a "runner / hiding map", there really appears like there are limited areas to use for running, and the only place I can see to hide with is possibly the central duck, but that could have an adminium box in it, so I can not tell unless I take a closer look at the map from inside the server. And since the map is pretty much only adminium, there is no real places to try and hide.

I think I just repeated what Later said last time. Oh well. Just some changes and the map may be good to play on. Goodluck though.

• Winner
Reactions: 123
L

Later_Gator

Well, you know what I said last time. But I can't stress enough how wise it would be to start a new map that's more duck-themed.

L

Later_Gator

Couldn't agree more. The lack of ducks in this map is plain....devastating.
If only people knew how to make a decent map. Look, any themed map should not have a lot of adminium showing unless it's needed for color (even then, a lot isn't good). An adminium runner map (with two secrets) with ducks is not a duck-themed map. There are quite a few better possibilities for a duck-themed map. It's easy to think of some.

Ask yourself some questions to generate ideas. For instance, I can ask, "Where do you find ducks?" and think of a few answers instantly: ponds, lakes, parks, and the sky. Easy. Now, you have some ideas of a habitat suitable for a duck-themed map. Sure, you can say, "Well, remove the ducks and you have a pond, lake, park, or the sky." True, but they're connected, because that's where you would typically find ducks, so it's fine. There are better possibilites for a duck-themed map, this map simply isn't one of those possibilities.

• Agree
Reactions: Theodorre

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
DUCKS!!!!!!!
I agree with Later_Gator, I think the map just doesn't really seem to fit into a duck theme, just a box with a few ducks placed in. It also looks very small, like Jkangaroo said. Basically i'm just nodding my head and agreeing with the statements already said. But good try though! Just needs some editing. :)

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Can someone please take the map outta rotation and let it be for now. I was gonna do edits to the map then I see it's been submitted here. The map isn't supposed to be duck themed, it was just supposed to be for fun. I've actually tried the map in the server and it's not "Pro Zombie" Like I was told it was. Both zombies and humans have won the map.

Reactions: MustabearXD

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This isn't a themed map, obviously, and definitely looks to be lacking hiding and running cababilities. I'd be happy to see some edits since it sounds like this was already trial'd and error'd.