No-Break and No-Drop
Oak Wood Planks (#5)
Sign Post (#63)
Chest (#54)
Wall Sign (#68)
Glowstone (#89)
Fence (#85)
Any extra information about your map?:
- Please TURN OFF Fire Spread on this map.
- There's a playable area and an actual size area for this map. The actual size is contained within the red wool outline on my plot. And the playable area is 50x50x80. The height of the map should stop at the bedrock outline at the top. And the length and width are the flat sides in the ground area--The "roots" falling out of the map shouldn't be accessible.
- The Oak Planks (#5) is the only way that I could think of for players to go up a tree. These blocks should be no break. But I was wondering if it's possible to change the air blocks on top of them into no-build? I just don't want players to block the stairs if they start building on it.
Buildbox Warp: /warp rawr -- It's in the corner of my map plot.

I don't know if I put the proper items in the chests correctly-- any ideas on what I should put instead?
Also, any suggestions on what to add or subtract would be appreciated!

H

Harold1995

I always liked the idea of a big tree as a map :D Very well done.
Though it's a bit of a coinicidence we both have a map with a big tree now:p

H

Harold1995

Yeah, I thought that it was funny that we both have prominent trees in our maps as well. Sooo.. what's going to be in your next map? :)
Haha damn right sounds like a good idea:) And i guess that will be a suprise :D

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I also like maps with trees in them. This is so great and creative. I'm a bit concerned about the fact that wood melts on all moods. The whole tree would catch on fire fast and people won't be able to move around the map and might catch on fire. Does the tree have bedrock or brick inside maybe? just to make sure players would be able to walk a bit around, but not too much.

W

Wimali

I like the map. I just hate any map that has important building blocks (i.e. cobblestone, stone, wood, glass, glowstone, stone bricks...) as no-break, that really ruins a map in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: crafter

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned about the fact that wood melts on all moods. The whole tree would catch on fire fast and people won't be able to move around the map and might catch on fire.
When I was a quarter of the way on finishing this map, I realized that I completely forgot about fire-spread. So I asked dirtcake if it was possible to turn fire-spread off on certain maps-- and what I'm hoping is that if this map gets accepted then fire-spread would be off.

I like the map. I just hate any map that has important building blocks (i.e. cobblestone, stone, wood, glass, glowstone, stone bricks...) as no-break, that really ruins a map in my opinion.
If you're talking about the wooden planks (#5) then those are situated in the middle of the tree-- they're needed so that players can traverse up and down the tree without having to break through things. The actual oak tree block (#17) can be broken and dropped-- so basically this map has loads of accessible wood.

• Informative
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
It would be possible to turn fire-spread off for it, my main issue for it though is that people may get confused with the roots leading down and try to climb down them hoping for an easy home. Those are meant to be no cookie zones right?

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
It would be possible to turn fire-spread off for it, my main issue for it though is that people may get confused with the roots leading down and try to climb down them hoping for an easy home. Those are meant to be no cookie zones right?
Yeah, the roots falling off the side of the map are supposed to be part of the unplayable area. I considered bordering the edge of the playable area with bedrock so that players would see it as a boundary, but I felt that it would ruin the aesthetics that I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.