cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Ruins
  • Creator(s): coolioruless and Harold1995
  • Size: 61 x 55
  • Biome: Plains
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) :
    Timer 1: (This contists of 3 timers that fill small areas in the cave. They should all go off at the same time, if possible) http://imgur.com/cJz498T,REDvA0p,q0VMVGoTimer 2:
    Timer 3:
    Timer 4:
    Timer 5:
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Chest one: 3 coal, 6 grass, wooden pickaxe (1/4 broken), wooden shovel (3/4 broken), wooden axe (full), 1 allium, 1 oxeye daisy, 1 book.Chest two: 3 coal, 5 cobblestone, 6 dirt, 1 mossy cobblestone, 5 grass
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: N/A
  • Any extra information about your map?: N/A
  • Download link (optional): Warp on BB; /warp ruins

I apologise that the screenshots are some link, some not. Wanted to make is as easy as I could for the majority.
    I also apologise for some of the spacing. It's a bit derpy, and I don't know why it happened.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This map sets up for a very interesting premise, that of a ruin. It certainly wouldn't hurt us to have more diversity in our settings. However, I felt as if the aesthetic factor was just a little lacking. Harold and Coolio are both very good at making maps, therefore, expectations will be higher for their collaboration. I may be biased against all grass-and-stone maps, but I felt as if more of a landscape could've been pulled off here. When I think of ruins, I think of a destroyed civilization, forgotten by time and ravaged by the elements. I think of huge buildings, but from what I see here, it only looks to be a few stray huts and some mossy cobblestone. Knowing both of the mapmakers are incredibly skilled, I would love to see more structures and stone works on this map. I also do not think it would hurt to consider changing the biome to something besides grass-and-stone, but that is not essential.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
After looking at this map on Buildbox, I noticed that it's really small, I do understand that you are trying to get the olden days feel, but ask your self this, can this map support 30 players running around it at the same time? I think it can but I think everyone can manage to get a house in.

I do love the design of this map, the cave looks amazing, even though this map was an experimental, I think it would be fun to play around on RoF, maybe little maps will be more fun than the bigger ones? Who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.