Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Name of the map: Planetarian
Creator(s): awesomeblaze123
Size: 95x95
Biome: Plains
Screenshots, including timer areas: Pictures Here

If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional):
Cave Planet- 4 wheat, 1 oak sapling, 6 cooked porkchops, 1 bucket, 1 enchanted book, 1 enchanted carrot on a stick
Desert Planet- 1 Chain leggings, 7 cookies, 6 cooked steak, 1 fishing rod
Homey Planet- 4 bonemeal, 5 cooked chicken, 6 melon, 1 chainmail chestplate
TNT Planet (trapped chest)- 5 diamond ore, 4 quartz, 3 fire resistance potions
End Planet (ender chest)- It depends.
Stronghold Planet- Absolutely noting.
Risky Reward Planet- 12 iron ingots, 4 music discs, 4 skeleton heads
Any extra information about your map?: If someone isn't careful at the Tnt Planet, the planet will self-destruct. Blast radius has not been tested.

Buildbox warp: /warp PlanetarianMap

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest, it looks like you only used sphere, cylinder and tree. Then called that a map. Try making more interesting shapes for planets, and add many more of them if you want it to be like this. What i look for in a map is a good use of world edit, so that it is concealed well.

• Agree
Reactions: crafter

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Also, I don't think having 5 diamonds in chests on one map is a good idea. One person just runs out to get the diamonds at the start of the round. It just makes diamonds too easy to get.

brownlee123

Reaction score
LOVE the idea behind this map. I feel like we need more 'floating' maps in RoF (See my map Gueldene).

But the execution? Could definitely be better. It looks a little bland, though i LOVE the nether themed planet and the jungle one too. Keep up the work, practice makes perfect and you DEFINITELY have potential!

• Agree
Reactions: Willchill

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its a nice idea but can definately be developed on. Pretty much all my thoughts have already been mentioned and also the fact that in total it doesn't look as if it had much space for people to build. Many people would like actual ground to build on for fear they'd fall so the planets could be made larger.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
It is an interesting idea for a map, however it needs some work. I see too much WE for my tastes. Also creating death traps in maps tend to be frowned upon, because it will cause new players to rage and most likely quit. Maybe remove some of the items from the chests since there too much powerful stuff in them.

So how can the map improved upon? You could increase the size of the planets and replace the tnt one with some other blocks. Maybe reposition the planets to make the path to each one more flowing, so it is easier to get to them. (I’m thinking about the new players who don’t have many resources.) And change the items in the chests.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
The concept... Awesome. The execution... Not so awesome. :/ Like it seems most people have said, the planets could be larger and less... Spherical. It might also be nice to add some bridges between the planets that kind of morph from one connected planet's theme to the others in the middle... If that makes any sense at all XD If anything, the bridges c: And maybe a layer of water at the bottom to catch the players if they happen to fall. That is quite annoying... But anyway, with a bit of work, this could become a pretty nice map! c:

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
The idea was a good one, but was done in a rush. It can have a lot of improvement done on it, as well as making it not so world-edited.
I don't like the tnt, I see too many issues with it.
Also, the amount of diamonds makes it too OP, there's not that many diamond ore in a map, and even they're rare.

Maybe fix up a few of these things and it might be a bit better :)

W

Wimali

The thing is, that chest is rigged, so it'll blow up as soon as it is opened.
It won't. TNT doesn't work in the maps!

Also, I feel like this map isn't... well... a map. It seems like you just used some spheres, added a few things, and then just gave up. Feels very rushed. The items in your chests are very overpowered as well. I feel like you should just completely re-do this map.

• Agree
Reactions: crafter
Status
Not open for further replies.