Not open for further replies.

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Paelaica
  • Creator(s): zack27999
  • Size: 80x80
  • Biome: Desert (preferred)
  • Screenshots (include the suggested timer areas!): http://imgur.com/UkK8fBi,H4x7fNw,b9...k7m,XAm9Sfs,1UUMY26,LwrDOwr,uPCqGds,BlK47PB#0
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Leather Chestplate, Leather Boots, Very Damaged Anvil, Wooden Sword, Bow, 8:00 Night Vision
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: no-drop Very Damaged Anvil
  • Any extra information about your map?: Nothing other than my first map ever created, so if it's not perfect, please leave any extra feedback to see what I can fix. I would like the timers to activate from lowest to highest. Yes, there is stone in the map, it is at layer 45-, under all the clay.
  • Download link (optional): No download, warp to it on Buildbox is /warp Paelaica

Reactions: 2 people
H

Harold1995

I saw this map from close-up and i liked it alot, I think the non smooth lightning makes it look more ugly tho but that's not about the map itself. :p

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Don't particularly like the bedrock walls, makes me feel like I'm confined to that one space :L
The bedrock walls will (should) get removed anyway, either by zack or by the higher rof staff.
Ah, okay. That was the only problem I really had with it so I'd love to see this added into the rotation!

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
The bedrock walls would be removed anyway.
I personally started hating clay maps because they kind of look ugly, this map isn't ugly but I don't see it beautiful either.
Ah, but is there not beauty in the desert? /pretentiousness

In all seriousness though, I like this map. It feels ancient, akin almost to an ancient desert tribe of Native Americans. Looming above their heads is the divine, the holy ones, whom are symbolized throughout the map. But do these gods, pretend or otherwise, look on in indifference, perhaps even gleeful cruelty, as their people are killed by wave after wave of destruction? I suppose the only way we'd know is if we put the map into rotation~

I'm in favor of it.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm personally not a fan of the trees or the really long cacti, or how the terrain was made. I ran around the map and it did not seem like there was a lot to do or explore. As a terrain map it has to be an amazing terrain for it to be accepted solely on that. I like the unique approach of the 1.7 style terrain but it's just not appealing to me. I'm going to with a 0 .

Some things you could do is get rid of the random dirt patches, and the mycelium, and make the desert more smooth with it's integration into the terrain to me it just seems there not apart of the terrain but that also mmight because it sticks apart from clay. Also adding more places or structures to explore would not hurt. As Biblius said it reminded him of Native Americans so maybe you could add like a spiritual fantasy like area under or around the map somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.