[Map] Nightmare

Want to see more maps with an Adventure map feeling? ( the use of command blocks)

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score

• Name of the map: Nightmare
  • Creator(s): Butamou
  • Size: 101x100x131
  • Biome: The End
  • Dimension: The End
  • Weather: N/a
  • Time (0-25000): N/a
  • Screenshots (include the suggested timer areas!): http://imgur.com/a/mf3ru#0 Format is T= time which it goes off, XYZ= coordinates
    T X Y Z
    1 68 14 47
    2 130 26 66
    3 94 45 35
    4 121 48 50
    5 90 60 33
    6 85 87 33
    6 82 87 42
    6 108 87 39
    7 139 102 30
    7 95 102 95
    7 149 104 25
    8 97 112 23
    9 144 135 17
    10 93 135 98
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional):
    12 chests have one milk bucket, 12 chests have two fireworks, 6 have seven fireworks, 6 have five fireworks, 1 has five mossy stonebricks and four cracked stone bricks
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?:
  • No break: Redstone, Block of Redstone, Redstone repeater, Jack-0-latern.
  • No drop: wither skull, skeleton skull, Hay bale, redstained clay.
  • Any extra information about your map?: The use of command blocks are needed for this map. The commands include teleports, effects on the player (blindness/nausa), Texts, and sounds. There are also spawners around the map in areas which players "shouldn't" be in. Only one game rule- CommandblockOutput False, It will do it itself once a player spawns in the map. The rest of the game rules are the same/default. This map is highly recommended that you play with the sound on in a dimly lit room. Enjoy! As this is my longest work for a map so far exceeding 48 hours! ( the rest of my maps were like 6 hours each).
  • Download link (optional): Worldsave, Schematic

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I remember you showing me this map in various developmental stages, and I was impressed throughout them all. This map explores a concept something very real to us all, that of nightmares. A nightmare takes our everyday fears, hopes, emotions, and experiences and tries its best to scare us with them. I know for me at least, nightmares are truly horrifying occurrences. They keep us up hours after we got into bed. They make us check a room twice before turning the light off. They make us doubt the safety of some of the safest places in the world. And yet, nightmares show us how truly beautiful our brains are. For while nightmares are horrifying and frightening, the fact that they can scare us so well shows me that the human brain is a wonderful and fascinating body part. But back to the map.

The map is an interesting one in itself. I rather like the idea of more Adventure-type maps mixed in with our standard ones. After all, diversity is one of the many reasons Blocktopia has done so well in its time. I think that this map takes the mechanics and gameplay of RoF in a whole new direction, which I like. I also adore its overall construction, and I can't wait to see how it does as a map. I vote +1 on this map, good luck my friend!

• Creative
Reactions: Notme and Jivvi

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Very innovative, would love to see this as an experimental map. It could usher in a new brand of maps, which I would be incredibly supportive of.

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive
Status
Not open for further replies.