[Map] Mordor - |(LotR)|- roboboy777 and BetaPanda's RoF map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name of the map: Mordor - Mount Doom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator(s): roboboy777 BetaPanda
Size: 100x100
Biome: Hell
Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) Mordor RoF map pics
If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): The Ring, a book.
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Obsidian, Mob heads <---Update (no-drop). I think thats about it.
Any extra information about your map?: This map is based off of the very well known book/movie series
Lord of the Rings. It includes: The Tower of Sauron, and Mount Doom. Players are allowed to block up the entrance to the volcano to make the round longer. It [hl]is[/hl] a little dark though, but see a picture of Mordor here:

[sub]-=-UPDATE-=-[/sub]

[sup]-=-UPDATE-=-[/sup]
Good?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download link (optional):
~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|\/|~|/\|~|
roboboy777 said:
I am a Creeborg, i am Deadpool, and i am an alligator.
What are you?
Bilbo Baggins: A box without hinges, key, or a lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.
Gollum: Eggs! Eggs is the answer.

Last edited:

brownlee123

Reaction score
YES! I've never even thought of a LotR map (kicking myself at the moment) and it's been pulled off pretty well, too! May I suggest 2 things:
A) Change 'Mordor Mount' to 'Mount Doom'
B) Remove the 'Block this!' sign, I'm pretty sure people will be able to figure it out.
Map looks great, good luck!

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if there's anything that can be done to prevent the preplaced lava from flooding but I'll let dirtcake or ronaldo answer that. Would like to see some more screenshots for detail and without the bedrock walls. The map as a whole reminds me somewhat of Falls. The tower's a cool little touch also.

Might wanna go a bit bigger for the map, since the volcano takes up so much of it, as well as the tower. It's a pretty small area that's gonna run out of space pretty fast, especially with the lava there.

D

DarkHender

As IQ said, the lava might not work out well without it flooding the entire map upon the map loading.
Ignoring the fact it could not work out; I would like the bedrock walls to be gone, I find it much easier to look at maps when they don't have bedrock surrounding them. While looking at a few pictures I see that basically the whole map is made up fo soulsand.. but you want it a no-brea/no-drop? (could you please specify which?)
I'm not sure if I and fond of the whole map basically being one of those two. Other than that I find the map appealing.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As i've seen from you guys, this is what i learned:
  • The lava around the volcano is too much, and floods the map aswell as takes up most of the room.​
  • The soulsand i want to be a no-drop.​
  • I will take away the bed rock in the pics.​
  • Take away the "Block this' sign.​
  • Change 'Mordor Mount' to 'Mount Doom'​
So thanks alot for the help and suggestions. I will try and get to fixing it as soon as possible. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

W

Wimali

If you're going to make soulsand, which is a pretty common block on the map, no-drop, I'd say you're ruining the map. That might just be my opinion, but I feel like I have a reason to have this opinion. Instead I feel like you could perhaps make only the top layer soulsand or something, while putting stone/netherrack/obsidian/whatever under it. But honestly, I feel like making it no-drop would be pretty lame anyway, there's way more netherbrick on Arrogant and that's not no-drop (yet).

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
If you're going to make soulsand, which is a pretty common block on the map, no-drop, I'd say you're ruining the map. That might just be my opinion, but I feel like I have a reason to have this opinion. Instead I feel like you could perhaps make only the top layer soulsand or something, while putting stone/netherrack/obsidian/whatever under it. But honestly, I feel like making it no-drop would be pretty lame anyway, there's way more netherbrick on Arrogant and that's not no-drop (yet).
I will edit the post taking souldsand of the no-drop list. Thaks!

Reactions: 1 person

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So guys, i updated the map as you can see, but now i just need responses. Do you think i updated it to your guys's likeing? is it what you guys were looking for? reply to this post telling me what you think. I need some info to work off of. :)

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
So guys, i updated the map as you can see, but now i just need responses. Do you think i updated it to your guys's likeing? is it what you guys were looking for? reply to this post telling me what you think. I need some info to work off of. :)
Some screenshots? :)
Is this on bb, I'd like to have a look at it

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Okay after looking at this map, it's missing a key feature. If a new player joins the server and that map starts. It's going to be impossible for them to start. mainly because:

1. No source of wood
2. No stone (I know there is some. But it wouldn't be enough!)

Also due to the vast amount of soulsand maybe it might end up getting changed that soulsand might melt on angry (?)

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Okay after looking at this map, it's missing a key feature. If a new player joins the server and that map starts. It's going to be impossible for them to start. mainly because:

1. No source of wood
2. No stone (I know there is some. But it wouldn't be enough!)

Also due to the vast amount of soulsand maybe it might end up getting changed that soulsand might melt on angry (?)
Oh yes. I see. So i'll add:
Dead trees, more stone.
Thanks tfor the suggestion. :)

Reactions: Lux

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Ok, i updated the images on my Imgur album: Mordor RoF map pictures
[sub]Added:[/sub]
Dead trees - So new players have a chance to make tools and survive.
Stone patches - So new players (or just players that have none) can upgrade their tools, get more building material, make furnaces to cook collected food.
A new 12 layers of stone - Exactly.
A chest under the bridge -
Contains: The Ring, a book:

[sub]plus:[/sub]
Is that enough stone? ;)

Last edited:

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I will have to see this map in-person, but based off the pics this map looks great. It is very original, the vast amount of soulsand will be an interesting gameplay changer (the slowing effect).
I personally think that the soulsand is a bit too much. What I would have done, would have been a 1-2 block soulsand overlay over the baseblocks that form the terrain. (This is what I would have done, you don't have to change the map to match this.)
Hope to see this on RoF, good job!

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I like it. I like how the lava would actually flood out from Mount Doom out to the rest of the map but my only problem would be is with the soulsand. I don't know if you reduced it yet or not but there's still a substantial amount of soulsand and I'd think it would make it hard to move around the map with that much all over the place so if there was any way you could change that. That would be great but besides that, there's not really anything else. I like the map and hope to see in rotation sometime soon. (with alot less soulsand)

Status
Not open for further replies.