[Map/Editing] Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStars

Reaction score
Levers should also be no break for that code wall to work. Signs too if they need to know what is said. ;)
I was thinking of that, but sometimes Gmasters use some redstone for fun and use levers, if you cant remove em Again XD I'm still thinking of it, but thanks! =)

LadyStars

Reaction score
The thread is really messy at the moment.. you might want to edit the main post and put in the size of the map.

Also I agree with Toilet, too flat and too plain. I'd suggest adding more texture to the map (and yes, Desserts do have mountains) and maybe adding more things in the empty dessert areas.
Can i just change the map now?

LadyStars

Reaction score
Okay, so here is an update:
*Added more and higher hills
*Added stone in hills
*Added a timer more, for higher Building
*Added a bit more decoration (Check screenshots) http://ladystars.imgur.com/all/
*Removed bedrock wall

As said, Watch the screenshots. Hope you like the update.

D

DarkHender

Hmm, I can see where you used some commands to make the hills. You might want to go back by hand and break/place blocks to fix it up a little.

Also you were already told to please use the edit button on your posts
(I've noticed you keep double posting)
It just keeps things more clean looking than a whole trash heap of posts. :)

This is a tutorial from a random forum though the same principles apply here to quoting x)
Guide to double quoting

(And your update IS fine being seperate so you also bump up your thread incase youre wondering c: )

• Thank You
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

LadyStars

Reaction score
Hmm, I can see where you used some commands to make the hills. You might want to go back by hand and break/place blocks to fix it up a little.

This is a tutorial from a random forum though the same principles apply here to quoting x)
Guide to double quoting

(And your update IS fine being seperate so you also bump up your thread incase youre wondering c: )
Nailed it :D

D

DarkHender

Guide to double quoting

Sorry for the doublepost....
It's fine don't be sorry just fix it up :)

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Nice map. Although, I'm not a fan of the terraforming-- the map does have potential and I like the adventure aspect that was put into it. Also, I've noticed that people have mentioned that the map seems bare, but of course--it is a desert and you're probably not going to see much besides a clear view of the stars/galaxies if you were ever in an actual desert. One thing that I didn't see in your desert are cacti-- maybe that will add a bit of color to your map.

And I believe that you meant to call this map "Desert" instead of "Dessert". I was honestly confused when I saw this map on Buildbox because I was hoping to see a cake or ice cream styled map.

• Haha

LadyStars

Reaction score
Nice map. Although, I'm not a fan of the terraforming-- the map does have potential and I like the adventure aspect that was put into it. Also, I've noticed that people have mentioned that the map seems bare, but of course--it is a desert and you're probably not going to see much besides a clear view of the stars/galaxies if you were ever in an actual desert. One thing that I didn't see in your desert are cacti-- maybe that will add a bit of color to your map.

And I believe that you meant to call this map "Desert" instead of "Dessert". I was honestly confused when I saw this map on Buildbox because I was hoping to see a cake or ice cream styled map.
Added cactus. Good idea.

W

Wimali

I personally feel like this map should not get added. The server already has a desert-themed map, Sanctuary, which is amazing. And although another desert-themed map would definitely be nice, I think this one isn't good enough. The terraforming isn't all that special and the buildings aren't very detailed. It has quite a few no-break/no-drop blocks and the structures aren't very unique.

Of course this is just my personal opinion and I realize a lot of people might think about this map differently than me.

• Agree

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I personally feel like this map should not get added. The server already has a desert-themed map, Sanctuary, which is amazing. And although another desert-themed map would definitely be nice, I think this one isn't good enough. The terraforming isn't all that special and the buildings aren't very detailed. It has quite a few no-break/no-drop blocks and the structures aren't very unique.

Of course this is just my personal opinion and I realize a lot of people might think about this map differently than me.
I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss this because another of its biome is already in existence. After all, you yourself have submitted several maps of the same biome, no? ;)

However, I do think this submission is a bit rough around the edges. Of course, since it's your first one it can only be expected. There's no reason to be embarrassed, we all make mistakes after all. Personally, I do think you could do a bit more with this map. There's an interesting question of realism versus visual appeal. Normally, as you said, a desert is very flat and doesn't generally have mountains. However, it's important to build maps with the gameplay in mind. Sure, it's possible to dig out a hole in the sand. But, it's much more interesting and exciting to play a map with hills and dips and perhaps even an oasis or two. Please don't be discouraged by our criticism though! I think it has the potential to be a very good map, but it just needs a little nudge to push it to where it needs to be.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Okay after looking at this map on Buildbox, I think this map has great potential, I had fun exploring it, I do think he does need some more work on the underground bit of this map, because it felt in some places that it could have something nice there. I think if this map was worked on a little more, it would be a fun map to play on RoF!

Status
Not open for further replies.