[Map] Dimensions (13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

Name: Dimensions. It's the third installment in the "Biomes" series. I 'finished' it a few weeks ago, but just didn't feel like submitting it. Today I decided to finally goddamn submit it, editing some bits, added 1.7 stuff and made this. If you see any flaws or have any ideas on how it could be changed, feel very free to post. It has four biomes: (Flower) plains, hardened clay (mesa), desert (I've had this one in every single biomes map, and I just feel like every one of them needs a desert biome) and an ender (sky) biome.

Creator: bram13.

Size: As always, I've made the map 128x128. The max build limit should be like one or two blocks under the final timer.

Biome: I'd love if you would just leave the biomes the way they are right now, just like you did with Biomau. I've painted the biomes to say what they represent- (although I should probably change the hardened clay biome to say 'mesa' instead of 'extreme hills' and the flower biome to say 'flower plains' instead of just 'plains', but I'll do that another day)

Chests: (I skipped the screenshot & timers question, will post that at the end of this post)
There's quite a few chests, but nothing extremely awesome in them. I didbut some new stuff in the chests, i.e. pufferfish and packed ice. Packed ice won't turn into water when broken and can't be made into water, but if they'd change that I would of course edit the map to remove the ice.

Screenshots: Unfortunate I forgot to add an image of the overview of the map, and I'm just to plain lazy to upload one now. But I've went with a different kind of biome-map this time: The flower plains biome is at a specific height, the hardened clay lower, the desert one even lower, and the sky one is the lowest. It's just something different, ya know?

This is the spawn. I've put it in the plains biome, because too often I see a map with the spawn all the way down the map, which isn't good in my opinion as people will be stuck at spawn in the first ten minutes or something. At the same time I've included some pillars however, so people would be able to climb those, for whatever reason.

An overview of the flower plains. I tried to add all the new flowers to it, so yay for that.

The second hardened clay/mesa biome. It has a few buildings and one cave in it (which is under the building all the way to the left) with a small podzol area. People should be able to get the podzol with silk touch and grow it, adding another thing that the player can collect and keeps them on the server (until someone makes a map which has a huge podzol biome and fucks it up).

The good old desert biome. I tried to put some Sanctuary-themed buildings in it, just as a little nod to one of the oldest RoF maps. Doesn't have anything else special to it, I believe.

A cave in the mesa biome (not the one I was talking about earlier) which opens in the dessert biome. I only just noticed I didn't add a timer to it, oops. If you'd want it to have a timer, feel free to add one which should go off at the same time of timer 5.

Fourth and last biome, something new. It's obviously the End. Has a pillar with a chest in it (nothing special in that chest btw, some coal, almost-broken-wooden-pick, and I believe a pufferfish).

Another cave, this time in the Flower plains-sky biome. I believe I did in fact put a timer in that one however- you should easily be able to see it. Should go off at the same time as the second timer.
Now, those are the biomes. But I got a few more pictures here which I found in my screenshots folder, so I just thought, why not?

I've included one of these things in every single biome. Don't ask me why. I have no idea.

Look at dem borders. Now don't worry: I only made the walls like this, so there's still plenty of stone for you to mine. Why I made the borders like this? Well, it takes a long time for me to make those bedrock borders (sometimes longer than the map itself) and I just don't like the way they look. This should be a little prettier and maybe even more fun.

Entrance to the cave of the 'building to the left' on the hardened/clay biome.
Another view of that cave, as seen from the border. I put like three or four timers in it, they should all release at the same time as timer 6.

• Creative
Reactions: Notme
W

Wimali

The Timers
Sorry for making this a double-post thing, but I just thought I would make a new post because of this max-images-per-post-thing (I'm not sure if I have too many, but I do believe so, so hey let's not take any risks k). If someone would want to merge this post because oh-my-god-it's-giving-him-another-post-on-his-post-counter-damnit-bram then go ahead.

The very first timer, under the cave thing, should release 2 minutes into the game. I realize this is quite early, but it really doesn't flood anything. Just air.

The second timer is right above the cave, and should release at 5 minutes into the game. (note: there's another timer inside the cave, which should also release at this time.)

The third timer is way higher (might be a little hard to spot, sorry 'bout that) and is right where the obsidian area has just turned into half obsidian/half bedrock. Should release at 11 minutes.

Fourth timer is a lot higher again, flooding the desert biome. It should release 15 minutes into the game.

Here you can see three more timers: the fifth (lowest), sixth (above fifth) and the seventh, on the pillar thing. Fifth one should release 18 minutes after the round started, sixth one 22, and the seventh one 26 minutes into the round. With the fifth one the timer in the desert cave thing should go off as well (if you decide to add one, anyway) while with the sixth one the timers in the hardened clay cave should go off.

And then you've got one more timer, flying in one of the corners of the flower plains biome. It should release at 28 minutes, and with that all timers are done!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?n50e4wan1a71bae

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with French and Dess. People will most likely rage, which will make the player base unhappy. A bridge, as Dess said, would suffice it enough.

Looks great apart from that small flaw, of sorts. ID love to see this included!

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12
W

Wimali

I'll try to fix that as soon as my other map I'm working on is "finished".

W

Wimali

I plan on making something with WE so will have to wait until 1.7 is out + WE is updated for 1.7 (as I'm using some snapshot stuff). This map will be on hold until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.