Map Dependent Block Limits

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
The current system we have in place allows humans to only have 50 blocks per round.

I'm suggesting that this value could be changed depending on maps, as in, each map would have a specific block limit tied to it. This way maps would require humans to use the correct gameplay the map is associated with, and not be inhibited by the blanket 50 block limit.

For example, hiding/digging maps (sunspots, vegetation, underground, purgatory) would be able to have higher block limits to allow more edits/creative hiding, perhaps over 50, while running maps (bootcamp, basictraining) would be able to have much lower block limits, perhaps even 0.

Thoughts?

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
meh it seems kinda pointless a bit I mean if you don't need too many blocks then just dont use them and if you need more then you have to be more careful in block placement. Also what about Runner you cant get it if there isnt enough blocks if it is set to 0 on running maps

M

Myst

I never really got the point of the 50 block cap to begin with. Even if it would spark a trillion jump courses, it's still better than the random 2x2x2 boxes and people just goofing around randomly. More blocks would hardly make the game easier. It just limits options.

JtTorso

Reaction score
I never really got the point of the 50 block cap to begin with. Even if it would spark a trillion jump courses, it's still better than the random 2x2x2 boxes and people just goofing around randomly. More blocks would hardly make the game easier. It just limits options.
This, but I like the idea of diversity within each map, but we also have /nobuild.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
I personally love the idea. It would improve the gameplay, for each map.
I'll put a more detailed response later.
I'd like to see the discussion/reasons against it first.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I like the idea of it.. But wouldn't it take weeks to add? I mean, There must be atleast 50+ maps and the HCs would have to go through every map and decide what is best for that map, then they have to add it + they'd have to code it in!

I think what would be better if they raised the cap to 75 blocks, I can see many down sides to raising the cap as people would make jump courses go on forever, But you could also raise the block limit for zombies, For example the zombies could have a 7 block limit or something similar?

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
I like the idea of it.. But wouldn't it take weeks to add? I mean, There must be atleast 50+ maps and the HCs would have to go through every map and decide what is best for that map, then they have to add it + they'd have to code it in!

I think what would be better if they raised the cap to 75 blocks, I can see many down sides to raising the cap as people would make jump courses go on forever, But you could also raise the block limit for zombies, For example the zombies could have a 7 block limit or something similar?
Are you really saying that humans have the time to make a jumpcourse that uses over 50 blocks? Really? I mean, I've seen some people that are really good at building but I don't know if you could make one that long in such a short amount of time. Anyway, it's not like length is a great factor because for most people, if they're careful enough, almost all jumps that aren't 2x1 can be made very easily. And 2x1's would still be limited to the same amount they are now.

Before the 50 block limit there was absolutely no issue with humans building jumpcourses far too long except on rare occasions. Allowing them to have more wouldn't hurt gameplay at all, it would improve it.

And the way I see it, it wouldn't be too hard to add. It's like setting authors on the maps. It defaults to 50 and if it needs more or less it can be changed by a simple command.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Are you really saying that humans have the time to make a jumpcourse that uses over 50 blocks? Really? I mean, I've seen some people that are really good at building but I don't know if you could make one that long in such a short amount of time. Anyway, it's not like length is a great factor because for most people, if they're careful enough, almost all jumps that aren't 2x1 can be made very easily. And 2x1's would still be limited to the same amount they are now.

Before the 50 block limit there was absolutely no issue with humans building jumpcourses far too long except on rare occasions. Allowing them to have more wouldn't hurt gameplay at all, it would improve it.

And the way I see it, it wouldn't be too hard to add. It's like setting authors on the maps. It defaults to 50 and if it needs more or less it can be changed by a simple command.
Ok I see your point, But I used up 50 blocks making a Jump course in under a minute.. I finished it before the zombie had been chosen, So 75 blocks shouldn't be too hard anyway.

The best jump courses are spirraling up and forward and sideways etc, Not ones that are just 2-4 straight lines as anyone can do 2x1 jumps easy, But it's the twisty ones that catch people out..

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yes, but having humans be difficult to get really isn't a disadvantage.
It is if It's just newbies playing, Lol. (By newbies I mean the ones that have trouble doing 1x1)