Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: DarkMaze
  • Creator(s): Dessern5
  • Size: 40 x 81 x 100
Max Y is at Y 135 and the lowest is at x 54
  • Biome: Plains
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) :
These will not show much, just a fair notice.
Timer 1, on the first level of the maze

Timer 2 on the Second level
Timer 3
Timer 4
Timer 5
Timer 6
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Wood Blocks and glass
  • Any extra information about your map?: I'd like to state that this is just a test version of a map, I have no idea if this will play well but I did want to see how everybody would like it. I would like creepers to be off for this map. This is available on my plot just type /warp DarkMaze

Reactions: Notme

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice concept but.... The spawn is on the lowest level, so player joining in late will not be able to do anything at all for nearly most of the round. And (newer) players hate sitting around. I could tell you how to make a maze map with out that problem, but I want to make that map =P Also having wood blocks be off, it makes it harder to get wood for newer players, although I did see logs in there to help with that. As for stone I'm not sure if they can dig down from the initial starting area, but if they cant then they will not get any resources at all. This might make people rage quit if they cant figure out the maze, or if the lava has already flooded the maze.
So I'm going to go with a 0

• Agree
Reactions: Solis22 and crafter

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: crafter

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
you won't be happy with the map Butamou is working on ;)
ok so how about deathrun
Toiletprincess
Im "working" on like 100 maps the question is whether i feel like finishing them or not
this is my map building life.

Also, i did add a ladder near the spawn so people will be able to get up even after the spawn floods. This also gives people a choice of going up the ladder and waiting at the top or trying to go through the maze.

As for stone, players can dig down in that.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I got on your map and tried to venture through the maze and got lost. So I cheated and started using the compass to go through the walls. Here are a few ideas:

- The maze itself seems long and I think that players would get frustrated if they can't find their way out-- Maybe have multiple exit points instead of one?
- Perhaps you could add a few chests in open or hidden areas so that players can find sustenance or stuff.
- As for the walls in the maze... they seem flat and boring... Adding depth to them -- like a simple motif-- could surprise players and make them wonder if they're in a maze or not.
- And for the top area. I think that you should have given the players something beautiful to look at rather than the empty desert space.

But like you said, this is a concept and I think that testing it out is a good idea so that other players could provide more feedback to make the gameplay more interesting.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I am very concerned with how fast the lava floods spawn and the bottom level. I love the concept Im just not sure if it was carried out right.
It'll only flood 5 minutes in, the spawn has a ladder leading all the way up if people wish to do that instead.
I know but I never like spawns that flood quickly due to new players that may join shortly after it floods that may ragequit and other players that join and have to sit almost the whole round sometimes.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
The concept of the map seems very interesting. To be very honest, the overall level of detail of the map is not up to par with other RoF maps. I know that your trying to achieve something like a DeathRun, but I think that the map has way more design potential.

It will be interesting to see how the gameplay works out though. (Maybe DeathRuns should be in rotation with KotL as a minigame instead of being a map.)

• Agree
Reactions: crafter

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Desu, maybe consider adding some extra lighting, like an occasional redstone torch or normal torch. Also, I'm glad you have added the ladder- because a lot of people might spend so much time in the maze that it'd flood and they'd die-- which would annoy a lot of people.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I am a bit concerned with how it may affect new players, but seeing as it'd have a 1/50 chance of popping up while they're starting out, it's not as big of a concern as it may be. The same argument can be made with Nightmare. It's an interesting concept, I'd love to see it in rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.