Map concept

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Just a random map concept I came up with that I think would make a cool map for AOD if someone took the pains to create it. The map would be themed like a decrepit overgrown graveyard. The time of day would be night. The twist to the map is that there is an incomplete wither in the center, missing the center skull (it would be unbreakable of course). The hunter leader would have the third wither skull in his kit. The survivors would want to prevent the hunters from creating the wither, while still surviving.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
(Not to criticize but next time you should post this in the map submissions/suggestions place ;))

I believe that any number of survivors who is able to completely stop the Dark Hunter in his tracks will be able to take on a silly wither :p

Also, when the Dark Hunter gets killed, his items drop. If a survivor picks it up and thinks it would (for some reason) be a great idea to spawn the wither, it would ruin the theme of the map.

Furthermore, most Dark Hunters will just ragequit from getting constantly constantly CONSTANTLY killed without making any kills themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Its not a submission :p And its still a normal map, they run/fight/hide like any other map, there is just the wither at the center. The hunters can still pvp people, they aren't forced to charge for the wither and die. And yeah, the survivors should be prevented from spawning the wither themselves.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Its not a submission :p And its still a normal map, they run/fight/hide like any other map, there is just the wither at the center. The hunters can still pvp people, they aren't forced to charge for the wither and die. And yeah, the survivors should be prevented from spawning the wither themselves.
Well if you see the threads, that place is for suggestions too.
And still, if the server has a large crowd (which it often does) it would still be almost impossible for the Dark Hunter to make a kill - yes, even if he targets the survivors - because all survivors will be going after him.

radman573

Reaction score
I think a map like "Abandoned Arena" would be good for that, as multi-tiered maps would provide a much larger area than a flat grounded graveyard. Other than that I think it would be a great idea but survivors would have to be packed with supplies to make it more fair. Thanks for the idea :D

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Or you could have chosen kits,
A Runner Hunter, equipped with swiftness, a light weapon, (like a knockback wood sword) and the final Wither skull,
And one or more fighter Hunter kits, with fairly normal items.

Maybe you could have some kind of [I have no idea] map with the Survivors defending a post from Hunters, who are trying to get their 3 Wither skulls to the defended (tower, post, castle, whatever) to summmon a Wither and kill all the little flufffy survivors.
:laugh:

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Or you could have chosen kits,
A Runner Hunter, equipped with swiftness, a light weapon, (like a knockback wood sword) and the final Wither skull,
And one or more fighter Hunter kits, with fairly normal items.

Maybe you could have some kind of [I have no idea] map with the Survivors defending a post from Hunters, who are trying to get their 3 Wither skulls to the defended (tower, post, castle, whatever) to summmon a Wither and kill all the little flufffy survivors.
:laugh:

Or better yet, survivors have to defend a post that already has 2 wither skulls on it and every hunter gets 1 wither skull, obviously the wither will cause many deaths to the survivors.