Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Caves of the Gorge
  • Creator(s): WiiGoGetter and Thoughtcarton helped a little bit
  • Size: 100 x 66 x 77
  • Biome: Forest
  • Screenshots (include the suggested timer areas!): Pics of the map http://imgur.com/a/KhF2r pics of the timers http://imgur.com/a/87AmL
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): There are no chests
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: None that I can think of
  • Any extra information about your map?: The maps spawn can be dammed but it takes alot of blocks. The map also has a complex cave system
  • Download link (optional): Schematic: http://smp.blocktopia.net/schematics/download.php?file=RoF_Caves_Of_Gorge_Final.schematic You can also do /warp gorge to get to it on BB in the plot world

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I like the varied placement of the different timers. The structures also seem nice. This being said, I would love to see a little more development, and possibly a few more homes or general structures. For now I'm leaning towards +1, but it's going to be 0. Good luck!

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I like the varied placement of the different timers. The structures also seem nice. This being said, I would love to see a little more development, and possibly a few more homes or general structures. For now I'm leaning towards +1, but it's going to be 0. Good luck!
My intent was to make the map a natural map aside from the lone cabin and roads. And due to the hills and mountains I see no good spot to put it.

• Informative
Reactions: Undefined User 7

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Just needed to see this on BB as the screenies didn't do it for me. I honestly think it's a great map after taking a quick look at it, however the road seems a little awkward as it's bigger at one point and smaller in the middle, it would work but the way you made it smaller just doesn't seem right; I would prefer it to look a little curvier in the expanding. Other then that though the map looks very complex and it looks like you spent a lot of time into making it, and I still have yet to explore the gorge. I think it'd be a nice addition if you edited the middle road a bit. I'll vote a 0 on the verge of a +1.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12
W

Wimali

I've had a look at this map on buildbox for about 10 minutes and must say I quite like it. It has food, blocks that are safe on Angry, and an exciting terrain that should take some time to explore. There's only a few 'problems' I noticed with it, while some people might not even consider them actual problems.

- No sand. A lot of people want to be able to collect sand on a map. But it seems like most of the new maps (including mine) aren't putting any sand in their maps. I've heard a few complaints about that, actually.
- The caves are full of WE spheres. I was having a look through the caves and noticed there were a lot of WE spheres. A few players might not notice this, but quite a few minecrafts are familiar with WorldEdit now and I feel like it just looks ugly and unnatural.
- The caves have a few (semi-) pre-made houses. I see you've tried to prevent a few pre-made houses by putting timers in the cave, but when looking around I could find at least 2 caves that could be turned into a house with a few block changes and one that didn't even need to be changed- people could just go stand there and AFK for the rest of the round.

Now these are just a few small flaws which might not be too important (honestly, most maps don't have sand, are filled with WE spheres and have a lot of pre-made houses) but I thought I'd point them out anyway. Ignoring them, I feel like this is a good map and would love to see it on RoF.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a look at this map on buildbox for about 10 minutes and must say I quite like it. It has food, blocks that are safe on Angry, and an exciting terrain that should take some time to explore. There's only a few 'problems' I noticed with it, while some people might not even consider them actual problems.

- No sand. A lot of people want to be able to collect sand on a map. But it seems like most of the new maps (including mine) aren't putting any sand in their maps. I've heard a few complaints about that, actually.
- The caves are full of WE spheres. I was having a look through the caves and noticed there were a lot of WE spheres. A few players might not notice this, but quite a few minecrafts are familiar with WorldEdit now and I feel like it just looks ugly and unnatural.
- The caves have a few (semi-) pre-made houses. I see you've tried to prevent a few pre-made houses by putting timers in the cave, but when looking around I could find at least 2 caves that could be turned into a house with a few block changes and one that didn't even need to be changed- people could just go stand there and AFK for the rest of the round.

Now these are just a few small flaws which might not be too important (honestly, most maps don't have sand, are filled with WE spheres and have a lot of pre-made houses) but I thought I'd point them out anyway. Ignoring them, I feel like this is a good map and would love to see it on RoF.

Do you notice that my maps used MCedit ("worldedit") spheres too for caves? :p

Most maps have certain areas which can easily be a home, most players don't abuse them too much as well. I don't see that it would be a problem.

Also what makes some maps more unique than others, is not the materials they use but the lack of. It's good to change up what map makers give players in terms of resources. This helps with interaction on the server, with the "do you have Sand, Stone bricks, etc that I could have?" or "I have this material, want to make a home together?"

Wii- I did check out the map, the surface seemed good, but with what kylie said the highway was a little awkward. And the caves were simple, "ugly", because of the WE. I would suggest that you go in and break some blocks by hand not with WE to get rid of the sphere parts. Overall I liked the concept, so good luck getting it accepted!

+1 ....oh wait I'm not suppose to vote >.>

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I come back from my birthday, suddenly +1s on maps.

Did I miss something :confused:

Anyway, this map looks interesting to say the least. Personally I think it could be a very good map all by itself without the caves but that does give something to look to. I'll check it out on BB once you fixed it up. Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: spiderkrab

spiderkrab

Reaction score
Looks very nice and ''modern" Btw
saw this map in BB before the post

EDIT: Brammy said: - The caves are full of WE spheres. I was having a look through the caves and noticed there were a lot of WE spheres. A few players might not notice this, but quite a few minecrafts are familiar with WorldEdit now and I feel like it just looks ugly and unnatural.

Oh flashback

Status
Not open for further replies.