Status
Not open for further replies.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Forget the old thread. Here's a new one which has major differences.

Name of the map:
Biosphere

Creator(s):
engSamuelArcher aka xgen96

Size:
139x56x140

Biome:
10 biomes: Taiga, ice plains, plains, ocean, desert, mushroom, forest, nether(hell), swampland, sky(unplayable)

Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) :

If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional):
No chest :3

Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?:
No break/No Build: Black Glass.

Any extra information about your map?:
I want timers to be set to release according to the biome. Starting with the mushroom biome first. Flood this in order: Mushroom, ocean, taiga, hell, ice plains, desert, forest, swampland, spawn(plains). I'll update accordingly. The lava must only flood within the glass sphere. Flowing outside may cause the server to lag everyone out. Also, visit this map on Buildbox with /warp xgen96.2 and its right above the volcano and alien map.

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
This map structure is definitely creative and out of ordinary. I really like the fact that there are several biomes.

I see you put glass and sponges as no-break in this map; the glass- good idea, the sponges-not so good of an idea. If there will be a flood or someone would build a spawn-house using a sponge it would get stuck there, which is a bit irritating. Also, the timer is in an odd place in each biome, people are probably only going to dig into the ground in order to build a house, but still it's possible.

The fact that you made the tunnels between each biome a bit crooked is great, this allows the lava to not spread even if the sponges are some how removed/broken. After all the map is very creative and special, it's not stone and grass map, I would love to see this on RoF.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I remember seeing this multiple times during the process.
The end result looks amazing, and the idea in a whole is one that I don't think many would even think of.
It has a nice amount of resources.

The issue about sponges being no break, that could be difficult. If a player is trying to stop a flood, then they can't get rid of the sponge, that would not be good.
I would like to see it in the rotation, though.

• Thank You
Reactions: RaizzanX

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I wonder if its possible for the map placed sponge to be no break while player placed sponge can be breakable? The sponge between each bridge is to prevent players from blocking off the bridge and camping there.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
One problem that no one really saw was that, if it's a annoyed+ round, the whole map will flood due to glass melting.

I do like this design but I think the mood level will affect this map greatly.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
One problem that no one really saw was that, if it's a annoyed+ round, the whole map will flood due to glass melting.

I do like this design but I think the mood level will affect this map greatly. +0
I ask dirtcake and he said glass wont melt if its was no break.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Huge improvement from the earlier version. The map is more appealing in looks, its more player friendly, and it is so original. Changing the sponges to a breakable is a must, Wii's idea would solve that very easily.
I personally love the map and I would love to see it on RoF. Great job!

• Thank You

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score

I do like this design but I think the mood level will affect this map greatly. +0
I ask dirtcake and he said glass wont melt if its was no break.
Ah, I didn't know that!

+1

• Thank You

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
I really like the idea and theme of this map. Really well done! I think what would make it more interesting though, is if the timers could be randomized? Then that way, people wouldn't know which biome to live in every time the map comes up. Having a set lava release order would inform the players which biome to build in since they would know which biome would flood last. I dunno, just an idea I thought of which would, in my own opinion, make it a more challenging map to play on and also spicing it up =]. (Not sure if randomizing timers is possible either so, if not, oh well. Also, it's only a suggestion so if you don't want it to be that way, it's totally fine as well~)

• Thank You

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
I really like the idea and theme of this map. Really well done! I think what would make it more interesting though, is if the timers could be randomized? Then that way, people wouldn't know which biome to live in every time the map comes up. Having a set lava release order would inform the players which biome to build in since they would know which biome would flood last. I dunno, just an idea I thought of which would, in my own opinion, make it a more challenging map to play on and also spicing it up =]. (Not sure if randomizing timers is possible either so, if not, oh well. Also, it's only a suggestion so if you don't want it to be that way, it's totally fine as well~)

i miss you and cityscape

If this is possible whatsoever, I agree 100%. I know I hardly play RoF, but this sounds like a really cool concept for this map. Maybe more maps could have this if possible. Good map xgen and good idea thong!

• Thank You

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I may have actually missed the original submission of this map, but I must say I am impressed. RoF is itself a collection of several different biomes, each of which is linked through a lobby and a group of people. Each of us belong to our own groups and cliques, our own social 'biospheres' in a sense. This map is beautiful and diverse. It's also functional and changes the gameplay up in in an interesting way. After looking over your last submission of this map, I can't help but note your improvements. I agree with French, sponges should definitely not be on no-break. Other than that, I don't have much to say!

It's an interesting challenge to the RoF community, and I'd love to see it in rotation.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.