Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Beachfront
  • Creator(s): WiiGoGetter, jubjubers, Harold1995, davidjl123, spaceangel96
  • Size: x100 y73 z101
  • Biome: Beach
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) : http://imgur.com/a/fL9Ek
  • If youincluded chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Chest one: Fishing rod x2, Rotten flesh renamed bait x3
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Chiseled Quartz no break.
  • Any extra information about your map?: The thing in the sky above the corner of the map is not part of the map, the build just ran up against it
  • Download link (optional): You can get to the map by typing /warp beachfront in the plot world on BB

crafter

Reaction score
Cityscape! :D I love how much detail you managed to fit into the small buildings. The floor of the beach itself looks like it needs a little more though. Maybe adding some other blocks to break up the plain and texture. (Gravel maybe?) Also, the beach itself seems a bit flat. Maybe just adding a block drop here and there can spice that up. I don't really know if stone was a good choice for the dock, as most docks I know of are wood. (You're from ManySnowTa, you should know that!)

Overall I like the map, but think it could use a few touch ups here and there. Having a natural(ish) and city landscape in one map is a challenge, but I think you have done it pretty well.

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I don't really know if stone was a good choice for the dock, as most docks I know of are wood. (You're from ManySnowTa, you should know that!)
I choose stone for the main dock because in my mind it feels more right then wood for the cars on the dock, but I made the other docks out of wood because no cars are meant to be on it, but I may change it

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
I honestly think this map looks adorable and I love the beach and the fact that its, what, the first city map to be submitted to RoF? On the contrary. some people may find it 'wrong' or 'strange' to include such an industrial feel to the server ,generally, it's landscape maps- as futuristic and alien as they can get.
In the end, I think it'd be nice to add a more industrial feel to RoF, the only other proper, full on towny map isWall_Maria, which isn't an original, but a recreation of an anime (which is amazing). But it would be fun to try out and I really want to explore the buildings *_*

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I've been looking for something with buildings for so long!!
Now, onto the map itself.
Honestly, I feel that in the rooms of the buildings it's a bit.. repetative? The colours are the same within one whole building, as far as I could see.
I do feel it has the potential to be a map on RoF, but maybe if a few little things were changed?
This is only my opinion though, so it probably isn't all that much of an issue. I'm always the odd one out, on most of this x3

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly after looking at this on BB it looks awesome, I like how in each and every room is not safe due to the wool and wood in the buildings, also it's nice to have an urban style map and not a natural map :p

One thing that I would say is that you could have been more creative with the timers, I like a map where the timers are semi hidden and seeing lava come out from random angles (but that isn't really important)

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I am a very big fan of city maps, as they offer an interesting expansion on the realm of RoF. Yes, Avallis will scorch deserts and forests. However, civilization has certainly progressed to make cities and, in this case, vacation spots. In an industrial biome, mountains are no longer landmarks. No, instead they are skyscrapers and streets. This map certainly has its terrain as well, though it's mostly in the beaches and the ocean. Wii has informed me that this is meant to be a model of a Florida town, which would certainly make sense.

Given that it's so cold here I have to wear two pairs of socks, I want to see this map in rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.